+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT - HELP regarding marriage certificate - ITA recd 25th Jan..!

utsav1706

Star Member
Oct 8, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
26-03-2017
File Transfer...
26-06-2017
Med's Done....
26-05-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Thanks xpressentry, jaybe, Stanlee and other friends..

I checked and getting marriage certificate rectified is not an option and lawyer is suggesting me to go for Affidavit as suggested by all of you..

Now if she changes her name on passport to the marriage name.. will it be a problem since we received her ITA on her maiden name.. and then we will have to get her medicals also in her marriage name.. but all her documents in maiden name..

This is so confusing.. expert advise needed.. plz help with this last problem guys.. :)

Thanks..

vj3171

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
For marriage certificate which date to mention. The date when we actually got married or the date of issue of marriage certificate. I am following the certificate date issued, coz the wedding was a small occasion with just few of our family members.

Tanvi87

Jan 24, 2017
utsav1706 said:

I checked and getting marriage certificate rectified is not an option and lawyer is suggesting me to go for Affidavit as suggested by all of you..

Now if she changes her name on passport to the marriage name.. will it be a problem since we received her ITA on her maiden name.. and then we will have to get her medicals also in her marriage name.. but all her documents in maiden name..

This is so confusing.. expert advise needed.. plz help with this last problem guys.. :)

Thanks..
Hey,

I am facing the same issue. Waiting for the answer myself! The consultant is also not sure in my case. :)

Thank you team!

ani8886

Star Member
Jan 14, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-01-2017
Med's Done....
21-06-2017
Passport Req..
14-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2017
LANDED..........
19-11-2017
utsav1706 said:

Thanks..
Hi,

I have a similar situation, except that I am the primary applicant and not my wife. None of our passports are updated and we intend to use her maiden name. Passport address is also different from the current address.

She has currently gone abroad for a few weeks. So I decided to proceed with my PCC first. I received the PCC on the same day (PSK Lower Parel-Mumbai), no questions asked. So at least half the distance is covered with respect to PCC.

Now when she returns to India, I will be booking her PCC appointment.

Itsgps

Oct 25, 2020
Hey guys - new to the forum and have similar situation. My wife never changed her maiden name on her documents such as passports,visas etc. However in our marriage certificate , her last name matches with mine. Thats the only document where her last name is different ( and matches my last name). my passport also has her maiden name name under spouce section so we are good there. My question is as marraige certificate is a mandatory document for PR, how should I proceed in this situation? Currently I am in canada on work permit and to rectify marraige certificate , we are require to travel to India which is not possible at this time. Should I get any sort of affidavit ? I would really appreciate your valuable inputs.