+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent: Help !!!Questions about Timeline after received passport rrequest email

oo288

Feb 22, 2012
I jsut received email from LA saying that my application for PR has been completed. ( Mine is CEC)
just in case its a scam, i tried to search my staute on the gov website. i cant log in. does anyone know if this is normal?

i still have some other questions:

1. If I sent the passport, money order and photos to LA, about how long will I receive the passport back? (Because I have purchased ticket back to my country at the end of next month, march 27th)

2. If I visit the LA office in person, do I received the passport back on the same day? and then can i do the landing on the way back?

3. After the passport is returned to me, is landing the next process that I need to do? If so, within how long do I need to go landing to Canada?

4. I could not log in to the statue checkup on immigration website right now, is it normal?

5. after landing, how should i get maple card if i am not in canada, can i ask them to send to some friend's place in canada?

Thanks if anyone can help me

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
oo288 said:
I jsut received email from LA saying that my application for PR has been completed. ( Mine is CEC)
just in case its a scam, i tried to search my staute on the gov website. i cant log in. does anyone know if this is normal?
i still have some other questions:

1. If I sent the passport, money order and photos to LA, about how long will I receive the passport back? (Because I have purchased ticket back to my country at the end of next month, march 27th)
The instructions you received should say how long. I think for most it's 15 business days(excluding time it takes to be delivered)

2. If I visit the LA office in person, do I received the passport back on the same day? and then can i do the landing on the way back?
Yes to both questions, but check CIC LA's website for the days you can come in person.

3. After the passport is returned to me, is landing the next process that I need to do? If so, within how long do I need to go landing to Canada?
Yes. You must land before the expiry date on your immigrant visa.

4. I could not log in to the statue checkup on immigration website right now, is it normal?
Yes, processing is complete so ecas will not work for you.

5. after landing, how should i get maple card if i am not in canada, can i ask them to send to some friend's place in canada?
Yes.
Thanks if anyone can help me

jsa

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
rcd on 8th june 2011
AOR Received.
19th august
IELTS Request
along with application
Med's Request
september 1st 2011
Med's Done....
september 9th 2011
Please share your timeline............!!

oo288

Feb 22, 2012
sent in Aug around 28,
transfer to LA office , received letter for medical exam in Nov, Exam done before Xmas,
received email for sending passport and payment Feb 29..