+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT HELP-Proof of Fund request from CIC for 12164 $,I am in Canada for 2 year

naresh2020

Star Member
Aug 9, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24th July
Hello Friends,

URGENT HELP-Proof of Fund request from CIC for 12164 $,I am in Canada for 2 year and working in a IT company, I am a CEC candidate, but got the invite for FSW in July 2015.. I submitted the application in July 2015 with all documents and mentioned the funds available as Zero..

I get good amt of salary every month. I transfer the amt to my home country to support my family..

Now I do not have( only 50 CAD) in my account.. and I do not have any money to transfer from my home country to canada account..

Pls guide me the possibility to convince the officer

I need to submit the POF in next 30 days

Thanks

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you wont be able to convince the officer. FSW requirements state you need to meet the fund requirement. If you can't meet it, you shouldn't have accepted the ITA under that stream.
Do you have any RRSP's, pension funds, stocks etc that could be liquidated easily? I'm not saying you need to liquidate them, but if its possible to, you can use those as POF.
alternatively, is there anyone willing to give you the money and sign an affidavit that its a gift and does not need to be repaid?

dda

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
naresh2020 said:
Hello Friends,

URGENT HELP-Proof of Fund request from CIC for 12164 $,I am in Canada for 2 year and working in a IT company, I am a CEC candidate, but got the invite for FSW in July 2015.. I submitted the application in July 2015 with all documents and mentioned the funds available as Zero..

I get good amt of salary every month. I transfer the amt to my home country to support my family..

Now I do not have( only 50 CAD) in my account.. and I do not have any money to transfer from my home country to canada account..

Thanks

Dont worry. I have a very good idea for you.

You can apply for loan/credit card and get money on 0% interest rate. This promotion is provided by MBNA where you can withdraw cash out of the credit card which is provided to you by MBNA (for whatever amount you get approved for). Now, once you get approved for the $XX amount of credit limit, you can withdraw that amount and deposit it in your bank account. Take a bank balance summary, stamped and send it as a proof of funds to the CIC Officer.

Once, its done, you can deposit back that money in to the credit card again and you wont be paying any interest (0%) on the borrowed money. It is very easy to apply. Here is the link:it is MBNA Platinum Signature Card (read the conditions before you apply).

https://apply.mbna.ca/applicationform/generateApplicationForm.htm?src=CQOR01&locale=en_CA

Application process is right there and they will tell you instantly online only for whatever limit you get approve for. My friends who are not even working on greatest jobs, have salary anywhere in 50k's put in salary as 90k's and they have got 15k limit approved. I am sure much amount could get you out of this situation.

If, the system doesnt tell you instantly for whatever value you get approved for, call MBNA the next day and tell them your file number, they will tell you over the phone how much you get qualified for. They will send you the card in the mail within a week and then you can withdraw cash from your account. You will have 1 full year to return this amout back and till then you can use this money at 0% interest.

I understand buddy, having family back home is tuff and I can empathize the situations. I hope this works and best of luck.

Thanks.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dda said:

You can apply for loan/credit card and get money on 0% interest rate. This promotion is provided by MBNA where you can withdraw cash out of the credit card which is provided to you by MBNA (for whatever amount you get approved for). Now, once you get approved for the $XX amount of credit limit, you can withdraw that amount and deposit it in your bank account. Take a bank balance summary, stamped and send it as a proof of funds to the CIC Officer.

Once, its done, you can deposit back that money in to the credit card again and you wont be paying any interest (0%) on the borrowed money. It is very easy to apply. Here is the link:it is MBNA Platinum Signature Card (read the conditions before you apply).

https://apply.mbna.ca/applicationform/generateApplicationForm.htm?src=CQOR01&locale=en_CA

Application process is right there and they will tell you instantly online only for whatever limit you get approve for. My friends who are not even working on greatest jobs, have salary anywhere in 50k's put in salary as 90k's and they have got 15k limit approved. I am sure much amount could get you out of this situation.

If, the system doesnt tell you instantly for whatever value you get approved for, call MBNA the next day and tell them your file number, they will tell you over the phone how much you get qualified for. They will send you the card in the mail within a week and then you can withdraw cash from your account. You will have 1 full year to return this amout back and till then you can use this money at 0% interest.

I understand buddy, having family back home is tuff and I can empathize the situations. I hope this works and best of luck.

Thanks.
that can't be done. you need to provide bank balances for 6 months. if there is a lump deposit of the amount you need to prove where it came from and that its your money. loans are specifically not allowed as proof of funds.

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dda said:

Thanks.
As purplesnow said, very bad idea. You need to prove the funds for 6 months and bank loans are excluded.

dda

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
purplesnow said:
that can't be done. you need to provide bank balances for 6 months. if there is a lump deposit of the amount you need to prove where it came from and that its your money. loans are specifically not allowed as proof of funds.
Do they need proof of funds in Express Entry as well? I mean to say for anyone after AOR stage? I have submitted my file with a financial proof (summary statement) and they have not gotten back to me yet for any more clarifications. Let me know.

Thanks.

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dda said:
Do they need proof of funds in Express Entry as well? I mean to say for anyone after AOR stage? I have submitted my file with a financial proof (summary statement) and they have not gotten back to me yet for any more clarifications. Let me know.

Thanks.
It depends on the category that you applied under, the OP has received an ITA under FSW which definitely needs proof of funds. The proof requirements are fairly clear on the document upload section.

KelChiAvan

Star Member
Sep 16, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
August 22, 2015
Passport Req..
January 15, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Februray 03, 2016
LANDED..........
Sometime in March
That is a very bad advice, dont go with loan!
U should have declined the ITA for FSW and waited for CEC, unfortunately u have to show proof of funds, u were indeed lucky that the people didnt deny ur app... get family now to help u raise that and get a gift deed for it. include ur T1 General and NOA and pay stubs to back up that you wont be a burden to canadian economy. Goodluck

dda

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
KelChiAvan said:
That is a very bad advice, dont go with loan!
U should have declined the ITA for FSW and waited for CEC, unfortunately u have to show proof of funds, u were indeed lucky that the people didnt deny ur app... get family now to help u raise that and get a gift deed for it. include ur T1 General and NOA and pay stubs to back up that you wont be a burden to canadian economy. Goodluck
Proof of funds
You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you arrive in Canada, unless you:

are currently able to legally work in Canada, and
have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada.

Doesnt it clearly states these 2 situations where you are not asked for proof of funds??

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From the CIC Express Entry requirement page:

Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, or you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada.

You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they are not coming with you).

You will need to show proof to the Canadian visa office in your home country that you have enough money when you apply to immigrate.

The amount of money you need to support your family is set by the size of your family. We update these amounts every year

Alpha4906

Jul 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
naresh2020 said:
Hello Friends,

Thanks
Hi Naresh2020,

Have you submitted Pay Stubs and T4's with your application? What is your status now?

If you are still working. You can submit the latest pay stubs and T4's which will make you funds exempt.

Thank You

Alpha4906

KelChiAvan

Star Member
Sep 16, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
August 22, 2015
Passport Req..
January 15, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Februray 03, 2016
LANDED..........
Sometime in March
dda said:
Proof of funds
You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you arrive in Canada, unless you:

are currently able to legally work in Canada, and
have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada.

Doesnt it clearly states these 2 situations where you are not asked for proof of funds??
valid job offer has to do with a job that has LMIA! i was invited under FSW and i had to show POF

KelChiAvan

Star Member
Sep 16, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
August 22, 2015
Passport Req..
January 15, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Februray 03, 2016
LANDED..........
Sometime in March
Alpha4906 said:
Hi Naresh2020,

Have you submitted Pay Stubs and T4's with your application? What is your status now?

If you are still working. You can submit the latest pay stubs and T4's which will make you funds exempt.

Thank You

Alpha4906
all these things u mentioned doesnt make him fund exempt if he was invited under FSW, he needs to show POF, except he has a valid job offer which has LMIA, or he was invited under CEC... so for his FSW, its part of the eligibility criteria to show funds.

Alpha4906

Jul 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KelChiAvan said:
all these things u mentioned doesnt make him fund exempt if he was invited under FSW, he needs to show POF, except he has a valid job offer which has LMIA, or he was invited under CEC... so for his FSW, its part of the eligibility criteria to show funds.
Hi KelChiAvan,

I know what you are explaining is true as per CIC website but I'll explain you my personal experience. There are other people on the forum those were funds exempt with job without LMIA and invited under FSW.

I got my PPR and already did landing. I was eligible for CEC and FSW. I got invitation under FSW category.
1. I had $5000 in account.
2. I had valid job offer without LMIA.

When i submitted my application. I did submit pay stubs and T4's. MY GCMS notes say that I was funds exempt. I think this answers your question.

Thank You

Alpha4906

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alpha4906 said:
Hi KelChiAvan,

I know what you are explaining is true as per CIC website but I'll explain you my personal experience. There are other people on the forum those were funds exempt with job without LMIA and invited under FSW.

I got my PPR and already did landing. I was eligible for CEC and FSW. I got invitation under FSW category.
1. I had $5000 in account.
2. I had valid job offer without LMIA.

When i submitted my application. I did submit pay stubs and T4's. MY GCMS notes say that I was funds exempt. I think this answers your question.

Thank You

Alpha4906
The OP has received an additional request for a proof of funds after his initial application.

I don't think there is any getting around this.