+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help Procedural Letter

Sett

Feb 18, 2020
Dear: This is in reference to your application for a temporary residence visa to Canada (Student). I have reviewed your application and documents you submitted in its support. Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. I have reasonable grounds to believe that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states: 16(1) a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires. Specifically, I have reason to believe that the bank statements from GTBank account ##---------- and ##-------- submitted with your application are fraudulent. In order to address these concerns, you must provide a MyBank Statement. No other response will be accepted. You can visit your bank branch or use your online banking account to request a “MyBank Statement Ticket” specifying the “Canadian Embassy”. The date range should specify the last one year from the date of this request. Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application for a temporary resident visa, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years according to section 40(2)(a): 40(1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation

(a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act 40(2) The following provisions govern subsection (1): (a) the permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for misrepresentation for a period of five years following, in the case of a determination outside Canada, a final determination of inadmissibility under subsection (1) or, in the case of determination in Canada, the date the removal order is enforced. You must reply to this request by email within 7 days providing a PDF copy of your “MyBank Statement Ticket” containing the ticket ID and passcode. If completed online you can send the original PDF file. If done at your branch you will need to scan the paper copy of your “MyBank Statement Ticket” into a PDF file. Please remember to include your application number in your reply message. If you do not respond to this request within the time outlined above, your application will be refused. Please note: All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable. Please note that we do not acknowledge the receipt of correspondence. All documents submitted through email must be sent to: nrobi-im-document@international.gc.ca. You should ensure that any original documents are sent to our office via the nearest Visa Application Centre (VAC). Information about visa application centres can be found on our website at http://cicintranet.ci.gc.ca/connexion/ir-ri/VACCRDV/index-eng.aspx. We will resume the processing of your application on receipt of the required documents or information.

For: Migration Officer

How do I approach this and is it a refusal?

Last edited:

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
What's the question?

Seems that thou tried to submit fake information to get a permit and you got caught.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear: This is in reference to your application for a temporary residence visa to Canada (Student). I have reviewed your application and documents you submitted in its support. Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. I have reasonable grounds to believe that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states: 16(1) a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires. Specifically, I have reason to believe that the bank statements from GTBank account ##---------- and ##-------- submitted with your application are fraudulent. In order to address these concerns, you must provide a MyBank Statement. No other response will be accepted. You can visit your bank branch or use your online banking account to request a “MyBank Statement Ticket” specifying the “Canadian Embassy”. The date range should specify the last one year from the date of this request. Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application for a temporary resident visa, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years according to section 40(2)(a): 40(1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation

(a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act 40(2) The following provisions govern subsection (1): (a) the permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for misrepresentation for a period of five years following, in the case of a determination outside Canada, a final determination of inadmissibility under subsection (1) or, in the case of determination in Canada, the date the removal order is enforced. You must reply to this request by email within 7 days providing a PDF copy of your “MyBank Statement Ticket” containing the ticket ID and passcode. If completed online you can send the original PDF file. If done at your branch you will need to scan the paper copy of your “MyBank Statement Ticket” into a PDF file. Please remember to include your application number in your reply message. If you do not respond to this request within the time outlined above, your application will be refused. Please note: All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable. Please note that we do not acknowledge the receipt of correspondence. All documents submitted through email must be sent to: nrobi-im-document@international.gc.ca. You should ensure that any original documents are sent to our office via the nearest Visa Application Centre (VAC). Information about visa application centres can be found on our website at http://cicintranet.ci.gc.ca/connexion/ir-ri/VACCRDV/index-eng.aspx. We will resume the processing of your application on receipt of the required documents or information.

For: Migration Officer
Is your bank statement real? If so, you have no problem. Just follow IRCC's instructions.

Sett

Feb 18, 2020
What's the question?

Seems that thou tried to submit fake information to get a permit and you got caught.
How you got to that conclusion? the bank accounts are mine and the statements are accurate, I don't understand why CIC will send me that and I want to know if this means a refusal? Cos I am sure of my bank details

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
It means you are suspected of providing fake information. If you dont reply in a satisfactory manner you will not only be refused but banned for 5 years from applying for anything in Canada. I guess you are from Nigeria with the bank ticket thing? So if your info was genuine follow the instructions.

amsanae

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
Yes they are, does this mean a refusal?
If you've provided correct information beforehand, then you do not need to be worried, Just follow the instructions, submitting the required documents with the proper letterhead within 7 days, You can also draft a letter stating that my previous bank statement were genuine etc.

This does not indicate a refusal, The VO has given you a chance to prove that your documents are genuine. However, if you do not follow the instruction properly, then you will be handed a 5 Year Ban, meaning that you are not permitted to enter Canada for the indicated period, and any further visa applications will be automatically rejected.

If they hand you a ban, but you still do believe that you are right, then you can appeal to the Court, however, this is tedious, and I recommend you to follow the instructions extremely carefully so you do not have to undergo such procedures.

Good Luck
Cheers!

Sett

Feb 18, 2020
It means you are suspected of providing fake information. If you dont reply in a satisfactory manner you will not only be refused but banned for 5 years from applying for anything in Canada. I guess you are from Nigeria with the bank ticket thing? So if your info was genuine follow the instructions.
So does this mean the applications is refused already? Their suspicion is baseless cos my bank documents are legit 100%, i guess I will prove this by following the instructions.

Sett

Feb 18, 2020
If you've provided correct information beforehand, then you do not need to be worried, Just follow the instructions, submitting the required documents with the proper letterhead within 7 days, You can also draft a letter stating that my previous bank statement were genuine etc.

This does not indicate a refusal, The VO has given you a chance to prove that your documents are genuine. However, if you do not follow the instruction properly, then you will be handed a 5 Year Ban, meaning that you are not permitted to enter Canada for the indicated period, and any further visa applications will be automatically rejected.

If they hand you a ban, but you still do believe that you are right, then you can appeal to the Court, however, this is tedious, and I recommend you to follow the instructions extremely carefully so you do not have to undergo such procedures.

Good Luck
Cheers!
Thank you for the detailed reply, I provided correct info, in addition to their request, can I add the bank reference letters for my accounts?

amsanae

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
After replying, how long will it take to get a feedback from them?
If they conclude that it is not fake, then the application will be processed as normal and will be taking time as mentioned by IRCC on their website(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html)

If they are not satisfied with your response, they will take a week or two and will send you a refusal letter with the ban.

Hoping for the best
Cheers!

Sett

Feb 18, 2020
If they conclude that it is not fake, then the application will be processed as normal and will be taking time as mentioned by IRCC on their website(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html)

If they are not satisfied with your response, they will take a week or two and will send you a refusal letter with the ban.

Hoping for the best
Cheers!
Thanks but this application is already 3+ months now, do you think the processing time rule, applies to this case?,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Hoping for the best
Cheers!
That's incorrect. Once someone received a PFL their application is no longer being processed under normal timelines. After the PFL it can take anywhere from a few weeks to many months for a decision to be made.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
How you got to that conclusion? the bank accounts are mine and the statements are accurate, I don't understand why CIC will send me that and I want to know if this means a refusal? Cos I am sure of my bank details
I did not come to that conclusion. I did not review your documents. IRCC reviewed it and they denied your permit.

Sett

Feb 18, 2020
I did not come to that conclusion. I did not review your documents. IRCC reviewed it and they denied your permit.
I refuse to accept such negativity, my permit wasn't denied, I was issued a procedural letter and from my research so far many people got that and were still approved. Again wrong conclusions from you.