Navuuuu

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
10th-10 cgpa
12th non med-78%
Bsc Maths honours-72% (2018)
experience as office administrator from august 2018 to till date
IELTS-L-9,R-7.5,S-7.5,W-6.5
applied for pg diploma in business management in selkirk college which is in a rural area, Castlegar.
I have applied under sds , what are my chances of visa approval?

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
I see you have bachelors in Math and you applied for PG in business management, and worked as office administrator which makes your bachelors slightly irrelevance. If you were able to justified the course change, why business management and how it will help you in your home country and submitted all the documentation, you should be fine. Otherwise, you will be rejected based on your proposed studies are not in reasonable with blah blah blah all that reason.

Navuuuu

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
I see you have bachelors in Math and you applied for PG in business management, and worked as office administrator which makes your bachelors slightly irrelevance. If you were able to justified the course change, why business management and how it will help you in your home country and submitted all the documentation, you should be fine. Otherwise, you will be rejected based on your proposed studies are not in reasonable with blah blah blah all that reason.
but I am working as an office administrator for 1 year and 3 months now and it is in the business field only. so isn't my course relevant in the light of my futuristic goals? coz we all the right to change our field anytime and I changed it right after my bachelors.

Draig

Sep 27, 2014
Mumbai,India
Visa Office......
VFS MUMBAI
App. Filed.......
18/19/2019
Med's Done....
17/10/2014
but I am working as an office administrator for 1 year and 3 months now and it is in the business field only. so isn't my course relevant in the light of my futuristic goals? coz we all the right to change our field anytime and I changed it right after my bachelors.
You will have to convince that to visa officer, Through your sop. Visa officer might feel you’re changing field just to get into Canada and settle there.

Navuuuu

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
You will have to convince that to visa officer, Through your sop. Visa officer might feel you’re changing field just to get into Canada and settle there.
but I changed my field approximately 1.5 years before applying for the visa.

Navuuuu

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
A boy who did btech in petrochemical with not even having any relevant experience in business field got visa for pg diploma in business management. Which was highly irrelevant course.

Draig

Sep 27, 2014
Mumbai,India
Visa Office......
VFS MUMBAI
App. Filed.......
18/19/2019
Med's Done....
17/10/2014
Each case is different, If you have written a strong SOP then the chances are high that you might get it.

Navuuuu

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
Each case is different, If you have written a strong SOP then the chances are high that you might get it.
A strong profile is nothing?? My band score and then my academic scores. Will they have no impact of having an intelligent student? Moreover, the area I have chosen is a rural area which comes under rural and northern immigration program.Will these factors have any say in the decision apart from SOP?

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
A strong profile is nothing?? My band score and then my academic scores. Will they have no impact of having an intelligent student? Moreover, the area I have chosen is a rural area which comes under rural and northern immigration program.Will these factors have any say in the decision apart from SOP?
It is a strange work of what VO do. Even with strong profile, you can still be rejected. Even someone who did not submit SOP and have strong profile gets approved, wierd right? In your case, you needed to submit a stronger SOP to show why career change. Your friend might have written a stronger SOP to justify his course change. But, just wait for the outcome, you might get approved , you might not get approved. Who knows?

Navuuuu

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
well since you put it that way then maybe the vo thinks you are trying a bit too hard to ensure you can migrate to canada which is a sign that you wont leave after grad lol
I didnt put this point in front of vo but I am asking for your opinion on the things I put forward but now okay thanks no problem . Let vo decides thnkyu