+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help please - Administrative Officer VS OFFICE Supervisor

jsjaspreet93

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Hello everyone,

I am just about to submit my profile in few days...I am claiming points for 2 year of work experience..My first position was administrative officer but last year I was promoted to OFFICE OPERATION SUPERVISOR.... but the thing is that some other employee told me that office supervisor is a lower position than administrative officer and this will result in file being rejected??? Please guys give me your valuable thoughts on this ... any help would be appreciated...

Thanks

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Job duties on your job reference letter matter. Job titles do not matter. Have you already received the letter from your employer? What is the language?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes ,, my first NOC CODE was 1221(administrative officer) afterwards it was 1211(office operations supervisor).
That is still NOC skill type B so you're on the clear.

However if you're a FSW applicant remember that you must have a year of continuous work experience under your Primary NOC.

jsjaspreet93

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Job duties on your job reference letter matter. Job titles do not matter. Have you already received the letter from your employer? What is the language?

Jaspreet is working with us as "Administrative Officer’ from 1st May 2016. He performed all his duties very well. After monitoring his performance and sincerity, he was again promoted to ‘Office Operations Supervisor’ on Aug 1,2017.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Jaspreet is working with us as "Administrative Officer’ from 1st May 2016. He performed all his duties very well. After monitoring his performance and sincerity, he was again promoted to ‘Office Operations Supervisor’ on Aug 1,2017.
The letter needs to mention specific duties. The job title is not relevant. They will compare the job duties mentioned in the letter to NOC classification and there should be about 70% match. 1 year of continuous experience in one single NOC (skill level 0, A or B) is needed for FSW and for claiming the CRS points, any work experience is ok. Both your jobs are skill level B anyway.

jsjaspreet93

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
The letter needs to mention specific duties. The job title is not relevant. They will compare the job duties mentioned in the letter to NOC classification and there should be about 70% match. 1 year of continuous experience in one single NOC (category 0, A or B) is needed for FSW and for claiming the CRS points, any work experience is ok.

administrative officer
Ø Assign work and provide directions to office staff and ensures that assigned work is completed.

Ø Determine and establish work priorities, office procedures and routines .

Ø Maintains client and program information using excel spreadsheet.

Ø Co-ordinate and plan for office services such as equipment, supplies and forms.

Ø Monitors and evaluates the performance and efficiency of department staff and reports to senior management:

Ø Supervise and train office staff in procedures and in use of software such as Rapid Log, JJ Keller, PC Miler and Fleet management.

Ø Maintaining company calendar, schedule appointments and meetings.

Ø Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems.

Ø Organizing office tasks to fulfill all administrative requirements.

Transcribe and proofread correspondence, forms, and other documents

office operations supervisor
Ø Supervise employees working from clients site and regular visits to them.

Ø Training of employees for safety and compliance, Log book Auditing, Fuel and Border crossing, record keeping filing.

Ø Monitor proper record of receipts of driver daily logs/trip envelopes received from clients and return thereof.

Ø Monitoring the performance of staff and providing feedback on their performance and conducting performance evaluation.

Ø Submitting monthly reports to clients by collaborating with other departments on daily basis.

Ø Maintain records pertaining to inventory, personnel, orders, supplies or office equipment maintenance.

Ø Co-ordinating with the management to draft guidelines to help improve the efficiency of staff.

Ø Updating clients for their drivers’ performance at road by analysis of their CVOR and DOT safety rating.

Ø Supervise and provide directions to the office employees regarding fuel tax filing, permits & authorities for trucking companies such as IFTA, NY HUT, KY WDT & Oregon Tax Filing.

Training employees on applying permits & authorities for trucking companies such as CVOR Registration, US DOT, Annual/Trip State Permits.