+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help needed!

Jun 29, 2020
Hi,

I am hoping that experts will be able to help me with my unique situation.

I started my studies in Canada in Sep 2016 but faced academic dismissal in May 2017. The summer term was designated for co-op which was also part of my program requirements. I received the dismissal after I started my internship. I had an option to make an appeal for re-instatement to the program. Without any delay, first of all I informed my employer of my situation and they allowed me continue. Since the decision was pending, I also didn't want to loose my internship credits if re-instated at that time. The re-instatement application took a long time before the process was figured out due to which I received a final decision of consideration at the end of Aug 2017 (I have an email) and was told that I can re-apply beginning Jan 2018 provided I completed a remedial plan to overcome my academic barriers. The department approved remedial plan included in-person - student performance improvement workshops and a academic writing class at the same university and an online class. All of this was completed by Nov 2017 after which I left for my home country. I re-applied with all the certificates associated with the remedial plan back to the program department, I was re-admitted to the program in Jan 2018 and completed all the degree requirements by Dec 2018. I have also received my PGWP for 3 years.

Now I have an invite under CEC and there is a place holder to upload transcripts which clearly states that I was not registered for Summer and Fall 2017 terms and also Academic dismissal and re-admit. I want to tell truth to IRCC because I have not done anything wrong but followed the instructions provided by the university. Although I have all the proofs, I am in dilemma as to what should be the appropriate way to put this forward, .

Should I mention this upfront in letter of explanation or should wait for IRCC to ask?
What additional proofs I will require to substantiate my claims above in addition to the existing documentation?

I also want to ensure that I did not do anything illegal.

I would really appreciate your advise and help.

Last edited:

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Did you not submit these transcripts when you got your PGWP? Does IRCC think you didn't take time off between August and January 2018?

Jun 29, 2020
Did you not submit these transcripts when you got your PGWP? Does IRCC think you didn't take time off between August and January 2018?
No at the time of application, I just submit the degree completion letter. I am aware that the university does DLI reporting and IRCC does verify for PGWP but I was not asked anything.

Banana woman

Dec 10, 2019
Hi,

I started my studies in Canada in Sep 2016 but faced academic dismissal in May 2017. The summer term was designated for co-op which was also part of my program requirements. I received the dismissal after I started my internship. I had an option to make an appeal for re-instatement to the program. Without any delay, first of all I informed my employer of my situation and they allowed me continue. Since the decision was pending, I also didn't want to loose my internship credits if re-instated at that time. The re-instatement application took a long time before the process was figured out due to which I received a final decision of consideration at the end of Aug 2017 (I have an email) and was told that I can re-apply beginning Jan 2018 provided I completed a remedial plan to overcome my academic barriers. The department approved remedial plan included in-person - student performance improvement workshops and a academic writing class at the same university and an online class. All of this was completed by Nov 2017 after which I left for my home country. I re-applied with all the certificates associated with the remedial plan back to the program department, I was re-admitted to the program in Jan 2018 and completed all the degree requirements by Dec 2018. I have also received my PGWP for 3 years.

Now I have an invite under CEC and there is a place holder to upload transcripts which clearly states that I was not registered for Summer and Fall 2017 terms and also Academic dismissal and re-admit. I want to tell truth to IRCC because I have not done anything wrong but followed the instructions provided by the university. Although I have all the proofs, I am in dilemma as to what should be the appropriate way to put this forward, .

Should I mention this upfront in letter of explanation or should wait for IRCC to ask?
What additional proofs I will require to substantiate my claims above in addition to the existing documentation?

There is no point in lying or hiding the truth. From your explanation, you did nothing wrong, you were initially dismissed from school and then readmitted, the most important thing is that you completed your program. I’ll advise you to include all the facts in a LOE

Jun 29, 2020
There is no point in lying or hiding the truth. From your explanation, you did nothing wrong, you were initially dismissed from school and then readmitted, the most important thing is that you completed your program. I’ll advise you to include all the facts in a LOE
Thank you so much for your advise.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi,

You already had your PGWP approved, this is when this issue might had been actually relevant.
I think it will have no impact now.

Do you need to upload the transcripts? I think you could just upload the diploma and a confirmation of degree letter from your institution to prove you have a Canadian degree.

If transcripts are still required, you should then proceed and everything should be okay.