+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help Needed - Letter from Employer; but company shut down.

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I have a query regarding the letter from employer. I have relieving and experience letters that my ex-employer gave me when I left the job. Now for CIC the content of the letters are not enough. They don't give out the details of my job responsibilities etc.

The company that I was working for shut down after an year I left. Now, I am in touch with the Director of that company and can get letters from him regarding my employment. But the problem is that the letter heads has got the address of the old office which doesn't exist anymore due to shutdown. The phone numbers are not working too. So even though I can get the letters from my ex-employer there can be a problem since the company doesn't exist anymore.

So what you guys suggest I should do? Should I send the letters that I have along with a letter stating that the company doesn't exist anymore with current details of my employer? Or go ahead and get the letters?

Please help I am in deep confusion.

Thanks.

vishals_me

Star Member
Apr 20, 2009
NY/NJ/PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2010
Doc's Request.
20-05-2010
AOR Received.
20-12-2010
Med's Request
12-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012
Interview........
12-01-2012
Passport Req..
19-06-2012
I understand your situation, mus b troublesome..
but what i think is, CIC doesnt make that deep check about the employer, and woudn't know about the company's current status...It's jus a personal thought, i m not sure..
But better to give explanation letter alont with ur current experience letter...
Good luck!

Thanks,

V.

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the replies guys.

@cute: what kind of references I can give? I think I have the form 16 that I got from my company to pay the IT Return. Will that suffice? what other reference I can give?

Can I give the name, address and phone numbers of my ex-employer so that they can contact him? I can also provide a salary slip (on company letter head) that I got from my company once for an interview.

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vishals_me said:
I understand your situation, mus b troublesome..
but what i think is, CIC doesnt make that deep check about the employer, and woudn't know about the company's current status...It's jus a personal thought, i m not sure..
But better to give explanation letter alont with ur current experience letter...
Good luck!

Thanks,

V.

Please dont let him do false documentation.......

blueboy said:
Hello,

I have a query regarding the letter from employer. I have relieving and experience letters that my ex-employer gave me when I left the job. Now for CIC the content of the letters are not enough. They don't give out the details of my job responsibilities etc.

The company that I was working for shut down after an year I left. Now, I am in touch with the Director of that company and can get letters from him regarding my employment. But the problem is that the letter heads has got the address of the old office which doesn't exist anymore due to shutdown. The phone numbers are not working too. So even though I can get the letters from my ex-employer there can be a problem since the company doesn't exist anymore.

So what you guys suggest I should do? Should I send the letters that I have along with a letter stating that the company doesn't exist anymore with current details of my employer? Or go ahead and get the letters?

Thanks.

You need no worry, just submit that letter and include a cover letter that company has been shut off, i am strongly sure it will work. I am not sure where are you from, but most of countries has same system, even a company shut off their activities, their registration record or etc always could be reachable by defferent managemnet websites. So even CIC would like to make sure, hope will find record if it was legitimate, no need worry. Just be honest .

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for reply.

I am from India. Yes I am sure that the company records exists with the ministry. The company was a part of STPI (www.stpi.in). So, should I get the records for CIC or will CIC do the investigation on their own?

nevinjo13

Sep 2, 2019
Hello,

Thanks.
Hi blueboy,

How did you go about this? I am in the same situation. The company is listed on the govt website which proves that it was a listed company. But I have letters from them which was issued to me in the correct format with the dutues. I can mention in my LOE that the company is not in existence anymore.
Please help. What did you do? I hope you got your PR.
Looking forward

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Hi blueboy,

How did you go about this? I am in the same situation. The company is listed on the govt website which proves that it was a listed company. But I have letters from them which was issued to me in the correct format with the dutues. I can mention in my LOE that the company is not in existence anymore.
Please help. What did you do? I hope you got your PR.
Looking forward
Exact same situation here. What happened in your case?