+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help Needed!! - Job Offer Claim 50 Points - CEC(ICT CWP)

darkhorse001

Mar 29, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I have recently received ITA, and claimed 50points, however, my employer(big MNC) is not willing to provide any guaranteed confirmation of one year.
I can just get the reference letter mentioning my roles and responsibilities.

I have a valid work permit until Oct'23 which could be extended further for sure, and I am in Canada since Oct'21 on closed work permit LMIA exempt.

Could you please suggest if I should proceed for submission to claim 50points?
Please suggest what all documents would be required to support the application.

ShuBhaMAhuJA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2023
I have recently received ITA, and claimed 50points, however, my employer(big MNC) is not willing to provide any guaranteed confirmation of one year.

I have a valid work permit until Oct'23 which could be extended further for sure, and I am in Canada since Oct'21 on closed work permit LMIA exempt.

Firstly, you can only claim 50 points of job letter if you have LMIA Based offer Letter in this case your ITA is not valid because you don’t have any LMIA. Just job letter doesn’t claim any points.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Firstly, you can only claim 50 points of job letter if you have LMIA Based offer Letter in this case your ITA is not valid because you don’t have any LMIA. Just job letter doesn’t claim any points.
This is not true. You can claim the 50 points on an LMIA-exempt work permit as long as you've worked in Canada for that employer for one full year and the employer provides you with a letter stating they will continue to employ you for a year after you get PR. OP is on a closed work permit that is LMIA exempt and therefore qualifies under this rule if they can get the letter.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

The letter from your employer is pretty important. You can proceed without it but it's hard to say what your chances are of being approved. Do you need the 50 points to meet the cut off? I assume you do but asking all the same.

How many points do you have without the 50 job offer points?

darkhorse001

Mar 29, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
The letter from your employer is pretty important. You can proceed without it but it's hard to say what your chances are of being approved. Do you need the 50 points to meet the cut off? I assume you do but asking all the same.

How many points do you have without the 50 job offer points?
Without 50 points, it's 450 and I can attach a letter saying employer is not providing such letter.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Without 50 points, it's 450 and I can attach a letter saying employer is not providing such letter.
You can. But that doesn't really address the issue and could very well result in you losing the 50 points. I take it that you are 100 percent sure your employer won't give you the letter?

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
You need to get some form of confirmation that your employer will continue to employ you for a year or your contract doesn’t have an end date or you are expected to work for them for the foreseeable future without a set end date, without anything like that you need to decline your ITA.

darkhorse001

Mar 29, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
You can. But that doesn't really address the issue and could very well result in you losing the 50 points. I take it that you are 100 percent sure your employer won't give you the letter?
I am trying to get the letter with below statement:
"He is required to reside and work from Ontario for another one year, and his contract may be extended further. <employer name> may review and extend the work permit status from time to time as per client requirements"

Hope this might work.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
"He is required to reside and work from Ontario for another one year, and his contract may be extended further. <employer name> may review and extend the work permit status from time to time as per client requirements"

Hope this might work.
It must state have a job one year after receiving PR. Can’t just say for another year.

punter123

Oct 11, 2022

Hope this might work.
This is not very clearn and still in the grey zone. Letter from employer must say 1 year after PR.

vkanada1128

Dec 6, 2022
@darkhorse001 - Similar situation. LMIA exempt on closed work permit. My employer added a note on the letter saying -
Offer of Ongoing Employment
We also confirm that we wish to continue to employ XXX in the position set out above on an indefinite, full time basis once XXX becomes a permanent resident.

See if you can get something similar. It worked in my case.
I got COPR last week. waiting for my PR cards. Good luck to you!

Reactions: scylla and cz999

darkhorse001

Mar 29, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
@darkhorse001 - Similar situation. LMIA exempt on closed work permit. My employer added a note on the letter saying -
Offer of Ongoing Employment
We also confirm that we wish to continue to employ XXX in the position set out above on an indefinite, full time basis once XXX becomes a permanent resident.

See if you can get something similar. It worked in my case.
I got COPR last week. waiting for my PR cards. Good luck to you!
Congrats!!
I doubt they would give me something similar as yours..these Big Companies go by the book/policies.

I will try.