+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help :Need advice for deciding course

Maddy1994

Dec 9, 2015
Hi there,
Can anyone please advice a suitable course for me , my profile: I am fresher, completed my B.com(hons) from the university of delhi with first division, worked part time for my family business as a area sales manager and ecommerce account manager. I am looking for any course that will add some value to my resume and give me some skill that I will be able to use to get a decent job. The course should be at least 2 years in length so that I am eligible for 3 PGWP and it should not be very expensive.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards

KindHeart1980

Jul 14, 2015
Hi Maddy1994

Nice to know your profile. First and foremost, study abroad is NEVER cheap! So let the word "expensive" out of your vocab for a while! Even studying at IITs in India is horrible!

What is your area of interest? Check out Business or Sales or Marketing based programs on ontario colleges dot ca

You may be eligble for 2yr Marketing Diploma under SPP - if you are recent graduate. The program search will allow you to find courses that also have ecommerce (which is RELATED TO WHAT YOU DID) as a part of the course.

Wish you good luck. I guess you also shud consider everyone else's suggestion becoz that will enable you to have more options open!

Good Luck

Maddy1994

Dec 9, 2015
Hi kindheart1980 ,
Thanks for a quick reply. I am basically interested in accounts and finance , do you know of any course that is related to SAP or other areas of finance and accounts .
With regards to the courses that you mentioned do employers value these courses, will they be able to give me some skill and add value to my resume.
Thanks for your help.

KindHeart1980

Jul 14, 2015
Hi Maddy1994

You have to search for colleges, courses on ontariocolleges dot ca or provintial sites based on various interests.

Second >> for job availability, most courses that offer co-op give you some relief :)
As for getting the right field job - it varies, but the college course data also reveals the % of students who did the course and are working in related or other fields.

Plus you can fetch career path or job availability statistics and look for classified ads on kijiji or indeed dot ca - to see what courses employers want or value for a specific ROLE.