+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT HELP - Mother's passport and visa expiring

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
My mother's passport and visitor visa, both are expiring by the end of May, 2023. I wanted to know can she book her flight (along with return flight) for next month and be able to come to Canada. I'll book her return in 2 months. Would she be questioned at the airport while departure and arrival? Please advise urgently.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My mother's passport and visitor visa, both are expiring by the end of May, 2023. I wanted to know can she book her flight (along with return flight) for next month and be able to come to Canada. I'll book her return in 2 months. Would she be questioned at the airport while departure and arrival? Please advise urgently.
Shouldn’t be an issue. Her admission into Canada will be evaluated at the border like anyone else being admitted into Canada but there isn’t a 6 month left in your passport rule.

Ozeekay

Dec 28, 2022
Shouldn’t be an issue. Her admission into Canada will be evaluated at the border like anyone else being admitted into Canada but there isn’t a 6 month left in your passport rule.
I think they should have a return ticket to make sure the evaluation at arrival goes smoothly. If they have one way ticket only, the border agent might get suspicious. This is just my opinion experts might have something different to say [DISREGARD: i did not see the return statement in the first comment. Sorry about that]

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I think they should have a return ticket to make sure the evaluation at arrival goes smoothly. If they have one way ticket only, the border agent might get suspicious. This is just my opinion experts might have something different to say [DISREGARD: i did not see the return statement in the first comment. Sorry about that]
Most airlines require you to have a return ticket to leave the country so people should always have a return ticket on a normal TRV.

Reactions: Ozeekay