+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help!LA consulate : Mail application from Canada: US Postal First Class

xpoojax

Jan 6, 2014
Hello I am in desperate need of some suggestions regarding LA Consulate office mailing procedure. Currently I am in Canada on a visitor status and I thought about going to school in and was advised by my school to apply to LA office, but their communication is absolutely a nightmare as the school started on Jan4th and no sign of my passport. When mailing the application from Canada, are we supposed to put a self addressed US Postal Service First Class Mail when you send in the application?

If so, I asked the post office and they said that they don't sell it in Canada. So I just send my application without the return envelope as there was no way I could buy one at canada post. Now I am sending another letter to them to cancel my study visa and was thinking to include a self addressed envelope but I need the suggestions on how to do it if I am currently in Canada. Please help as my visitor status expires on soon in Feb and I need my passport soon. Any suggestions on how to contact them and get the document from them would be highly appreciated. Please Help!

tatiana1333

Feb 22, 2014
Hi,
LA office do not take any prepaid envelopes from Canada, i.e. they send your docs via regular mail. It is stated at their webpage.
If you write them & they do not respond by regular e-mail within 30 days, you can write to Case-Management e-mail - you can easily find that one on their webpage. From that e-mail they have to answer you within 5 days!
Good luck!

vinch286

Nov 2, 2014
I'll be having the same situation as yours soon. I'm currently in Canada holding a Visitors visa and I'm sending my Student permit application to VAC-LA when I receive my Letter of Acceptance from the school I applied for. I'm aware that we can not convert our Visitors (Tourist) visa within Canada and a friend here in Canada told me to send my application from outside Canada that's why I'm planning to send my application to VAC-LA instead. This is my first time to do this and I dont have a lawyer to assist me. Is this process really working?

Alexandra

Nov 4, 2014
Do you include your passport because you need TRV?
I am going to do same procedure as you have done, but I am really confused
as some people said if I have a valid visitor record (mine will expire in Feb, too),
then I don't need to have TRV on my passport when I go to at the border USA -Canada border.

TRV is needed for flag polling? even when I have a valid visitor record?