+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help!!!! IRCC has asked for Credit card details

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
If you are on a closed WP and have implied status then that is normal terms.
I don't think you picked up on the frustration I feel. Referring to the post below, this individual's PR application was approved despite having made a signed commitment to reside in BC.

I made and have stood by the same signed commitment to Saskatchewan. Yet I can't even set foot in my employer's Vancouver office even if they want to send me for work purposes, I can't go back home to the UK for Christmas and work remotely for a brief period, and I can't attend business trips in the US at the direction of my employer because that would constitute disrespecting the terms of my WP. All that even though SK remain my home and my primary place of work.

P.S. I don't have implied status, I have legal work status on a closed WP.

My friend applied PR through BCPNP too, but after he submitted the PR application in August 2021, he moved to Ontario in September 2021 to start his PhD study. IRCC questioned about that in July 2022, but finally they approved my friend's PR in October 2022. Like I said in the last comment, if the reason of moving out of BC is "reasonable or acceptable", IRCC might accept.
Anyway, I must say I am annoyed at the OP. She cries out for urgent help and doesn't even bother responding to any of our posts.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I don't think you picked up on the frustration I feel. Referring to the post below, this individual's PR application was approved despite having made a signed commitment to reside in BC.

I made and have stood by the same signed commitment to Saskatchewan. Yet I can't even set foot in my employer's Vancouver office even if they want to send me for work purposes, I can't go back home to the UK for Christmas and work remotely for a brief period, and I can't attend business trips in the US at the direction of my employer because that would constitute disrespecting the terms of my WP. All that even though SK remain my home and my primary place of work.

P.S. I don't have implied status, I have legal work status on a closed WP.

Anyway, I must say I am annoyed at the OP. She cries out for urgent help and doesn't even bother responding to any of our posts.
I don’t agree with having a provincial nominee program when PRs are free to relocate as soon as they land but it’s the law. It defeats the purpose of PNP and plenty of people exploit the loophole applying for PNP in theMaritimes or prairies because approval is easier and then resettle in BC, ON or Quebec. It is currently Impossible to penalize people as long as they have proof that they are going to that province when they land. The government is trying to get new immigrants to settle outside the largest cities but with freedom of movement for PRs there isn’t an easy answer.

There is nothing stopping you from going to your employer’s Vancouver offices. You can’t work out that office permanently but you can attend meetings, go for a few days to work on a project, etc. Nothing stopping you from attending meeting in the US either as long as you have a U.S. visa and s TRV. What was the reason for not being able to visit the US offices if you have a valid closed WP? As long as you have a U.S. visa and a TRV it should be fine to the US for a business trip. Time outside Canada will not count.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
I don’t agree with having a provincial nominee program when PRs are free to relocate as soon as they land but it’s the law. It defeats the purpose of PNP and plenty of people exploit the loophole applying for PNP in theMaritimes or prairies because approval is easier and then resettle in BC, ON or Quebec. It is currently Impossible to penalize people as long as they have proof that they are going to that province when they land. The government is trying to get new immigrants to settle outside the largest cities but with freedom of movement for PRs there isn’t an easy answer.

There is nothing stopping you from going to your employer’s Vancouver offices. You can’t work out that office permanently but you can attend meetings, go for a few days to work on a project, etc. Nothing stopping you from attending meeting in the US either as long as you have a U.S. visa and s TRV. What was the reason for not being able to visit the US offices if you have a valid closed WP? As long as you have a U.S. visa and a TRV it should be fine to the US for a business trip. Time outside Canada will not count.
Hello, I agree with the first part of your statement. Personally I love Saskatchewan and would never leave it even after PR, not even for a great job opportunity in Toronto. What you're saying is what I'm frustrated with - it seems extremely unfair to me that the other poster mentions his friend got nominated under BC PNP but shifted to Ontario without first telling IRCC or the province. It also angers me when people use the SINP program and then join head east to Little India the moment they get PR. My commitment is to Sask and I take it seriously. In saying all that, people do have rights to mobility and I'm not sure if it's legal/constitutional to basically force someone to stay in their nominated province until citizenship.

On the second part, I asked the question of IRCC via a DM on Twitter. I asked that: "So long as I primarily reside in Saskatchewan, am I permitted to go work out of my employer's Vancouver's office and attend international business trips as directed by my employer?"

They said: "You must abide by the terms and location indicated on your work permit."

I took that as a no so I opted out of international work trips and my employer's out-of-province Christmas party because I'm not even allowed to stay and work remotely.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, I agree with the first part of your statement. Personally I love Saskatchewan and would never leave it even after PR, not even for a great job opportunity in Toronto. What you're saying is what I'm frustrated with - it seems extremely unfair to me that the other poster mentions his friend got nominated under BC PNP but shifted to Ontario without first telling IRCC or the province. It also angers me when people use the SINP program and then join head east to Little India the moment they get PR. My commitment is to Sask and I take it seriously. In saying all that, people do have rights to mobility and I'm not sure if it's legal/constitutional to basically force someone to stay in their nominated province until citizenship.

On the second part, I asked the question of IRCC via a DM on Twitter. I asked that: "So long as I primarily reside in Saskatchewan, am I permitted to go work out of my employer's Vancouver's office and attend international business trips as directed by my employer?"

They said: "You must abide by the terms and location indicated on your work permit."

I took that as a no so I opted out of international work trips and my employer's out-of-province Christmas party because I'm not even allowed to stay and work remotely.
They never said you couldn’t attend international business trips or a Christmas party. IRCC said you must meet the conditions of your WP which means working at the location printed on your WP and you must work for the employer stated on your WP.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
They never said you couldn’t attend international business trips or a Christmas party. IRCC said you must meet the conditions of your WP which means working at the location printed on your WP and you must work for the employer stated on your WP.
But they never explicitly told me that exceptions for such activities are allowed, so I'm not taking any risks - my location of work is Saskatchewan and I won't work or visit any work-related events outside the geographical boundaries of this province. I'm happy to sacrifice a Christmas party in Vancouver till PR is the bag.

oldinzaghi

Aug 10, 2022
Please help ..... IRCC has asked for last 4 months credit card details. And I had applied for BC PNP but due to my family being in Ontario I moved from BC to Ontario 4 months back. I am really worried , if there is anyone in the same situation .... PLEASE RESPOND !!!!!!
any update?