+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help! IMM 5524 paper work! Application for a travel document (pr abroad)

Jessie21

Apr 16, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am filling out the form IMM 5524 Application for a travel document (Permanent resident abroad)

section 8:
Date and place you became a permanent resident of Canada
Is this should be the date on the PR card or the Landing Paper?
Is the place the city of first landing?

section 12:
A Your permanent address in Canada
I don't have any address in Canada, Can I just put N/A?

section 13:
Answer "yes" or "no"
A. Were there any terms and conditions applied to you at the time you were granted permanent residence or landed in Canada?
B. Have you ever lost your status as a permanent resident of Canada?
C. Have you ever submitted an appeal to the Immigration Appeal Division of the Immigration and Refugee Board against a decision on the residency obligations?
D. Have you ever been issued a Returning Resident Permit or a Travel Document?

if you answered "yes" to any of the questions above, provide details below.

My PR card was expired back in 2010, and I didn't meet the residency obligations. I stayed in Canada for only 10 days and never back again. So I know the answer to C and D is "no", how about A and B?

Thanks for any sooner reply!!

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You were posting at GMT time which is 7-11 hrs ahead of Canadian time zones (i.e. night here) so no one will answer right away due to this as well as the fact that posters volunteer to respond on this site as opposed to say your hired lawyer you can get responses from right away.

Q8 - date and place of actual landing not PR card issue date.

Q12 - Put 'None'

Q13 - No to all questions.

As a heads up you will get more help keeping the queries to one thread.

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
I am a new permanent resident of Canada but had a problem with the photos submitted and still did not receive the PR card. I have tickets booked for vacation to India on Dec 26 and am planning to apply for Travel document from India to re-enter Canada after a month. My spouse who is a home maker too is travelling along with me to India. I have great confusion in answering the below questions in IMM 5524-Application for a travel document.

Question# 16. Absence while accompanying a Canadian Citizen or a permanent resident outside Canada
Have you accompanied a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident while outside Canada - my spouse and I are travelling together to India. When I answer this question, should I provide my spouse details and vice versa when my spouse is filling up her form?

Question# 17: Absences while employed by Canadian business: I am an employee of a IT company in India but transferred to its Canadian entity. What should I answer for this question?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ceclmo777 said:
I am a new permanent resident of Canada but had a problem with the photos submitted and still did not receive the PR card. I have tickets booked for vacation to India on Dec 26 and am planning to apply for Travel document from India to re-enter Canada after a month. My spouse who is a home maker too is travelling along with me to India. I have great confusion in answering the below questions in IMM 5524-Application for a travel document.

Question# 16. Absence while accompanying a Canadian Citizen or a permanent resident outside Canada
Have you accompanied a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident while outside Canada - my spouse and I are travelling together to India. When I answer this question, should I provide my spouse details and vice versa when my spouse is filling up her form?

Question# 17: Absences while employed by Canadian business: I am an employee of a IT company in India but transferred to its Canadian entity. What should I answer for this question?
Its always best to keep your queries to your own thread to avoid confusion with another post.

Answer NA to both #16 and #17 queries. These questions refer to allowable exceptions for absences that would be considered as if they are days in Canada but none of them apply in your case.

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
Msafiri said:
Its always best to keep your queries to your own thread to avoid confusion with another post.

Answer NA to both #16 and #17 queries. These questions refer to allowable exceptions for absences that would be considered as if they are days in Canada but none of them apply in your case.
Thanks for the reply Msafiri and my apologies for not opening a new thread. But I have been reading the form again and it asks in Question# 15 about Time spent in Canada. When the total number of days is less than 730 days, dont I have to answer questions 16 & 17?

I am extremely sorry if these are dumb questions but I am really tensed about my whole PR card mess...

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to relax as the time frame in question is based on landing date. As a recently landed PR you have until 5 years from the date of your 'landing' to get 730 days. So for section #15 of the form only go back to the landing date as clearly stated in the question.

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
Msafiri said:
You need to relax as the time frame in question is based on landing date. As a recently landed PR you have until 5 years from the date of your 'landing' to get 730 days. So for this section of the form only go back to the landing date.
Thanks Msafiri. Should I be answering question# 15 which talks about the Time spent in Canada?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ceclmo777 said:
Thanks Msafiri. Should I be answering question# 15 which talks about the Time spent in Canada?
Yes you should. List only the days back to your landing date if you've been a PR for less than 5 years as applies to you.

Jessie21

Apr 16, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri said:
You were posting at GMT time which is 7-11 hrs ahead of Canadian time zones (i.e. night here) so no one will answer right away due to this as well as the fact that posters volunteer to respond on this site as opposed to say your hired lawyer you can get responses from right away.

Q8 - date and place of actual landing not PR card issue date.

Q12 - Put 'None'

Q13 - No to all questions.

As a heads up you will get more help keeping the queries to one thread.

Thanks! Yes, you are right, I should keep them in one thread. sorry for the confusion. Thanks again!

canrushi

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014
Nomination.....
24-12-2014
IELTS Request
Already sent with appln
Med's Request
30-03-2015 (Still MR for child is pending)
Med's Done....
Me and Spouse - 15th March, Kid - 5th May... 3rd line - 12th May
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-07-2015
Hi,
If we answer no to question #13 then do we need to answer the question #14?