+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help for NOC 2232 or 2253

bhupiister

Dec 22, 2018
I am running a manufacturing industry for elevators since 2011 and I am a partner in this firm. I handle the technical part of the company and below are some duties that I perform, however, I am a Computer Engineer by education. Whereas, work I am doing for the last 8 years is mostly related to Mechanical engineering.

Duties performed
  1. Client requirement gathering
  2. suggesting the correct elevator model as per the requirement
  3. Preparing an estimate for internal use
  4. Preparing Technical contracts with specifications of all components
  5. Preparing Technical 2D and 3D CAD drawings for production
  6. Procuring material as per the calculations made by me
  7. Conducting strength analysis of the model via simulation before delivery to ensure on-site performance.
  8. Prepare installation drawings
  9. Preparing a preventive maintenance report
  10. On-site inspection after installation to study the scope of improvement in existing design.
I feel most of the duties performed by me are under NOC 2232, and its employment requirement says "usually required" for educational background. Is it ok if I choose 2232 NOC code? Is it regulated?

Though NOC 2253 is quite open to education, it only covers the technical drawing part I perform.

Both NOC codes specifically mention that I can work independently or be self-employed

The link below says that "Note: The applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/assessing-applications-against-minimum-requirements.html