+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help for nikah nama India

shmz8

Sep 18, 2017
i need an urgent information which I can't get online. For marriage certificate can we submit the nikah nama which is both in English and Urdu has the signatures of every witness,bride and spouse and the signature of the priest which celebrated the marriage and a stamp of local Muslim board which recognizes the marriage. Does it need any further attestarion or anything? If some one had applied with nikah can you please help me

pathan19

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
I think I am also in the same boat now.
Hi Guys, if you do not have government registered marriage certificate and you have nikah nama in English with marriage certificate heading then will it be accepted by CIC ? Do you know any case which was approved by it also do I need to do any kind of attestation for it?

notgoogle

Jul 13, 2020
Dubai
i need an urgent information which I can't get online. For marriage certificate can we submit the nikah nama which is both in English and Urdu has the signatures of every witness,bride and spouse and the signature of the priest which celebrated the marriage and a stamp of local Muslim board which recognizes the marriage. Does it need any further attestarion or anything? If some one had applied with nikah can you please help me
what we did was, our marriage certificate was in Arabic, first we got it attested from the country we got married in (lebanon), and the country we currently live in(UAE). Then, we translated the marriage certificate from a sworn translation company in UAE.

it says in the CIC website the follows:

"A marriage that is legally recognized according to the law of the place where it occurred is usually recognized in Canada, but the onus is on applicants to prove that their marriage is legal.'

please correct me if im wrong

pathan19

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
what we did was, our marriage certificate was in Arabic, first we got it attested from the country we got married in (lebanon), and the country we currently live in(UAE). Then, we translated the marriage certificate from a sworn translation company in UAE.

it says in the CIC website the follows:

"A marriage that is legally recognized according to the law of the place where it occurred is usually recognized in Canada, but the onus is on applicants to prove that their marriage is legal.'

please correct me if im wrong
Are you from India ? Because this is different from Country to Country.