+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help for a student to re-enter Canada in September

student_2024

Sep 22, 2022
Actually poster never said what country coming from, just assumed the person is not presently in the US.
Re-Phrasing the request again---

I am currently in Canada as a student here at U0fT in Toronto Canada. But with my Indian passport renewal the student Visa is expired too. I applied for extension of my study permit and its approved being in Canada itself.
I have valid USA visitor visa also stamped- was planning to travel to USA to meet friends and family for the upcoming holidays from Canada and travel back to Canada.

Without VISA stamped on my new Passport- seems the Exception allows me to do so
Kindly share TIA :)

Can i fly in also to USA or just by Road its allowed?
What are the set of documents that can be asked at the Port of Authority while returning back to Canada at the border??

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Re-Phrasing the request again---

I am currently in Canada as a student here at U0fT in Toronto Canada. But with my Indian passport renewal the student Visa is expired too. I applied for extension of my study permit and its approved being in Canada itself.
I have valid USA visitor visa also stamped- was planning to travel to USA to meet friends and family for the upcoming holidays from Canada and travel back to Canada.

Without VISA stamped on my new Passport- seems the Exception allows me to do so
Kindly share TIA :)

Can i fly in also to USA or just by Road its allowed?
What are the set of documents that can be asked at the Port of Authority while returning back to Canada at the border??
So do you have a valid study permit or not? Applying for extension and “its approved being in Canada itself” is confusing. If you don’t have a valid study permit then you cannot travel. Applying for extension is not a valid study permit.

student_2024

Sep 22, 2022
So do you have a valid study permit or not? Applying for extension and “its approved being in Canada itself” is confusing. If you don’t have a valid study permit then you cannot travel. Applying for extension is not a valid study permit.
yes i have valid approved study permit till July 2024

student_2024

Sep 22, 2022
Yes, you can travel if you are only going to the US and back.
One more help -Kindly suggest :

1) Can i fly in also to Canada from USA or just by Road its allowed from the Niagara(rainbow) Bridge .
2) What are the set of documents that can be asked at the Port of Authority while returning back to Canada at the border??

Appreciate all the Inputs !! TIA!

student_2024

Sep 22, 2022
One more help -Kindly suggest :
Above query is with respect to travel to USA and return back to Canada ONLY on approved study permit and no TRV Stamped:

1) Can i fly in also to Canada from USA or just by Road its allowed from the Niagara(rainbow) Bridge .
2) What are the set of documents that can be asked at the Port of Authority while returning back to Canada at the border??

Appreciate all the Inputs !! TIA!

samzik

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
My friend unexpectedly went to India as his father passed away. He is a student doing his second course started in May 2022. His study permit got extended until March 2023, but the visa didn't get stamped. On August 8th he went to India. Now, in order to return to Canada to continue his second semester, he needs TRV and visa stamping. He applied for TRV on the 12th of this month from India. As per IRCC processing time, it shows 160 days to get TRV approved from outside Canada. Is there any other way to request IRCC to process his application faster, as he must attend the college as it is delivered offline. If you have any Idea about this issue, please help us to get out of this, as it would impact on his studies and PR too as per the new IRCC rule.
Hello my newphew have this same problem, Please how long did it take for your friend to receive their new visa? Thank yo.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello my newphew have this same problem, Please how long did it take for your friend to receive their new visa? Thank yo.
The person never returned to the forum. When did you nephew apply for TRV and from where? There is no expedited processing so if from India expect several months.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
He applied on Saturday from Nigeria.
There's no expedite processing. He should be expecting that it will take more or less the posted processing time on the IRCC website. Looks like that's very long right now.

He should contact his school to determine if he can continue his studies remotely while he waits for the TRV to be processed so that his studies are continuous.