+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT HELP!! CEC APPLICATION REFUSED

Boo135

Jul 13, 2013
Hi Guys,

After fighting tooth and nail to get my PCC submitted I just today got a letter of refusal for my CEC PR application. It says that I do not meet the 2 years minimum Canadian work experience needed for CEC... BUT I DO. I submitted all my proof of employment including my ROEs which have the number of hours I've worked, and in the past 2 seasons alone I have over 1700 hours, one year of full time work is 1560 hours. I'm really confused as to why they wont accept it.. does anyone have any idea? They seem to think that what I said on my EE profile to get into the pool doesnt match the supporting documents I sent it when I got my ITA. I made sure that the info in my letters of employment matched (really well but not word for word) the duties outlined in the NOC code descriptions and sent in letters of employment, ROEs, NOA (for a few), and pay stubs (for most).

Do any of you see something that I'm missing? I really dont want to give up and open a new application until I know for sure why this one was refused, if I call CIC do you think they could tell me exactly what the problem is?

Here is the letter they sent me:

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of
the Canadian Experience Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for
immigration to Canada.
Section 11.2 of IRPA requires that information provided in your Express Entry Profile concerning your
eligibility to be invited to apply (10.3(1)(e)) as well as the qualifications on the basis of which you were
ranked (10.3(1)(h)) be valid both at the time the invitation was issued and at the time the application for
permanent residence is received.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada invited you to apply for permanent resident status based on the
qualifications you claimed in your Express Entry profile.
In your Express Entry profile you indicated that you possess 2 years of Canadian work experience as
defined under Section 1 of the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System.
Based on the documentation submitted with your application for permanent residence I am not satisfied
you possess 2 years of Canadian work experience.
This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest
ranking person who was invited to apply in your round of invitation, under the Express Entry
Comprehensive Ranking System.
Your point score at the time of your Invitation to Apply was: 469
Your new point score is: 444
The lowest point score in the draw that you were invited in was: 461
As I have found that you no longer possess the qualification on the basis of which you were ranked under
an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h), you no longer meet the requirements of Section 11.2 of
IRPA.
Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the
Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.
You will receive a refund of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee that you have paid.
The decision communicated in this letter constitutes the definitive and final decision on your present
application. Your application will be retained, under current Government of Canada file retention
guidelines, for a period of two years. Your application forms and supporting documents will not be
returned to you. If you should submit a new application it would require new fees and documentation and
would need to meet all the requirements in effect at the time the application is submitted.
You must remove your Job Seeker profile from the Job Bank website as you are no longer an Express
Entry candidate. You must also remove any references that you are a candidate for Express Entry from
any private job board websites, if you used any.
If you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you may take steps to improve your
competitiveness and register for Express Entry at a later date. For example, you may try to improve your
language score or gain a higher level of education. However, you must meet the minimum requirements
to enter the Express Entry pool and there is no guarantee that you will be issued another invitation to
apply for permanent residence under one of the immigration programs subject to Express Entry.

kaulvirus

Star Member
Nov 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry in advance if I interpret it incorrectly, but if you clock 2 years of man hours, wouldn't CIC be looking at 3120 hours (1560X2)? Have you clocked that many hours? Also, did you get the opportunity to apply for your GCMS notes? I think your A11.2 analysis would probably shed some light on what the case office actually thought. I have also found discrepancies in my GCMS notes on a couple of occasions so if you think you have a strong case, maybe you should send a Case Specific Inquiry with all the relevant documentations and urge them to re-open your case.

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Did you calculate your work experience according to hours? If yes, then that is not how IRCC calculates it. Anything more than 30 hours is counted as 30 only. If you worked 120 hours in 2 weeks that would count only 2 weeks and not 4. Try calculating if you actually had 104 weeks (2 years) of work experience.
If you'be more than 104 weeks then did you by any chance include your co-op or any other work experience that you gained while studying in Canada?

It is good to make sure first that if it is IRCCs fault. Sorry about the rejection.

Reactions: Adanac11

riddhimag2000

Jun 24, 2015
From what I recall, CIC does not look for the hours as much unless its a part time job.

For a full time job to be eligible, the number of years is what matters, including any vacation you took in between

Reactions: Tomi2

RegularGuy

Dec 21, 2015
Does the reference letter needs to mention about vacation? My experience was of 16 months before my application submission. And from those 16 months, about one month was when i was waiting for PGWP and 4 weeks of vacation where i had to go to my home country for some urgent family situation. So if i go by the book, my valid experience would be close to 14 months, if they dont take experience while waiting for PGWP. My reference letter didnt mention any my 4 weeks vacation. Would it be confusing or problematic?

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
RegularGuy said:
Does the reference letter needs to mention about vacation? My experience was of 16 months before my application submission. And from those 16 months, about one month was when i was waiting for PGWP and 4 weeks of vacation where i had to go to my home country for some urgent family situation. So if i go by the book, my valid experience would be close to 14 months, if they dont take experience while waiting for PGWP. My reference letter didnt mention any my 4 weeks vacation. Would it be confusing or problematic?
No big deal. As you get points at 12,24,36 so on months. But if you had worked 12 months with 1 month vacation included in 12 months that is a problem. In your case you still have 15 months out of 16 so you're good.

Reactions: Adanac11

Boo135

Jul 13, 2013
The CIC site says you need at least 12 months full time work experience, which they also say is 1560 hours. I work a seasonal job and since the spring of 2013 have worked about 18 months full time, just not consecutively which is ok with them now... Isnt full time anything over 30 hours a week? I work 44 hours a week which is still totally legal, why would they not count my actual hours? Either way I really feel like I have the one year full time experience over the past 3 years..

What are GCMS notes? How do I go about getting them?

Thanks so much for the advice!!

shdhsjej

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2015
Means I year of experience will give you 444 points while 2 years of experience give you 469 points, That seems strange as 2 year of Canadian work exp will help you increase 6-7 points max. Did tou tried to recalculate your scores with 1 year of experience. I think either you or they did mistake in ciunting the cumulative CEC work exp. BTW Not only hours but The time of 2 year (104 weeks) needs to be completed too. I wonder did you completed that period including your vacation time?

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
manidhatt said:
No big deal. As you get points at 12,24,36 so on months. But if you had worked 12 months with 1 month vacation included in 12 months that is a problem. In your case you still have 15 months out of 16 so you're good.
Does paid vacation is excluded ? Everyone is entitled to get paid vacation every year. I don't think CIC excludes paid vacation.

Reactions: Tomi2

shdhsjej

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2015
Boo135 said:
The CIC site says you need at least 12 months full time work experience, which they also say is 1560 hours. I work a seasonal job and since the spring of 2013 have worked about 18 months full time, just not consecutively which is ok with them now... Isnt full time anything over 30 hours a week? I work 44 hours a week which is still totally legal, why would they not count my actual hours? Either way I really feel like I have the one year full time experience over the past 3 years..

You claimed points for 2 years, Did you fulfill the requirement of 24 months =104 weeks = 3120 minimum hours requirements?? Just hours by itself is not sufficient, you have to work for at least 24 months(104 weeks including vacation time)

shdhsjej

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2015
coolhyd said:
Does paid vacation is excluded ? Everyone is entitled to get paid vacation every year. I don't think CIC excludes paid vacation.
Its included

Boo135

Jul 13, 2013
Can someone send me a link to where it says I need 2 years work experience? All I can find is the page that says you need 1 year experience in the three years before you apply.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

Boo135

Jul 13, 2013
oooo sorry i understand now, i was given points for 2 years experience but I only have 1.... frigg... Ill have to look back and see If i said I had 2 years experience anywhere in my application. I really dont think I did though...

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
Boo135 said:

That explains your mistake right there. You were only counting hours and received points based on 2 full years when in reality you didnt actually have the full 104 weeks of work experience. You might have had enough hours for 2 full years but not the full number of weeks, which is why the officer had to reduce it to 1 year of exoerience. That dropped your points too low and you no longer met the cut-off.

Sorry about your rejection but doesnt sound like you can appeal that one. You woll need to apply again. Do you have 2 full years by now?

As for GCMS notes:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

https://gcmsnotes.ca