+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help "Birth Certificate English Translation"

saudagar2018

Jun 18, 2018
Hello,

I am going to send my express entry documents for PR. Document checklist shows that I have to produce "Birth Certificate".,.,., I have a Birth Certificate that Consist of URDU and ENGLISH language, I mean to say one side of the Birth Certificate shows English and the other side shows the same thing in URDU language.

so whatever the information is written in URDU language, same thing is translated into English language and it is an official document that is issued by the Health Department.,., Do I need any kind of affidavit that is attested by certified translator?

regards,

Saudagar

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hello,

I am going to send my express entry documents for PR. Document checklist shows that I have to produce "Birth Certificate".,.,., I have a Birth Certificate that Consist of URDU and ENGLISH language, I mean to say one side of the Birth Certificate shows English and the other side shows the same thing in URDU language.

so whatever the information is written in URDU language, same thing is translated into English language and it is an official document that is issued by the Health Department.,., Do I need any kind of affidavit that is attested by certified translator?

regards,

Saudagar
The straight forward answer is No

You need birth certificate only for the kids who are accompnying you.

Copy of birth certificate or other equivalent document
Purpose
To prove the dependent children’s relationship to the parents

Document requirements
  • This document is required only if the applicant identifies dependent children.
  • The document must be one of the following:
    • birth certificate;
    • equivalent document from the birth country; or
    • letter of explanation (where no birth certificate is available in the country).
Individuals who must submit this documentation
  • All the dependent children, including non-accompanying
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html#s04

saudagar2018

Jun 18, 2018
Hello,

Thanks for your quick reply. I am sorry I did not mention that I am a Canadian Experience Class Applicant and recently received an ITA. My brother is Canadian Citizen and I have got a sibling points so they ask me to proof the relationship that is the reason I am providing birth certificate because it shows our parents name, and I already mentioned that an official document is in both language.

"Can I use my certificate?"

Thanks,

Amar

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Poori baat bola karo yaar...

You can submit the birth certificate of you and your brother

Document requirements

• This documentation is required if the applicant indicates that they, or their accompanying spouse or common-law partner, have a family member in Canada who is a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen.
  • A copy of both sides of the family member's Canadian citizenship document, Canadian birth certificate and/or permanent resident card must be provided.
  • Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).
    • The documents must show their address in Canada and should be recent (dated within six months prior to submission).
  • Proof of the relationship of the applicant or the accompanying spouse or common-law partner to the family member must also be provided (e.g., a birth certificate, an official document naming the applicant as a relative, a copy of the inside back cover of the relative’s passport showing the relative’s parents’ marriage certificate, legal adoption documents and any other documents that prove or describe the relationship).
  • If the applicant claims a stepbrother or stepsister, there should be no evidence in the application that the marriage or common-law relationship between the parents of the stepbrother or stepsister has broken down.
  • The principal applicant
  • Their spouse or common-law partner

Last edited:

Clim18

Oct 3, 2019
Poori baat bola karo yaar...

You can submit the birth certificate of you and your brother

Document requirements

• This documentation is required if the applicant indicates that they, or their accompanying spouse or common-law partner, have a family member in Canada who is a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen.
  • A copy of both sides of the family member's Canadian citizenship document, Canadian birth certificate and/or permanent resident card must be provided.
  • Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).
    • The documents must show their address in Canada and should be recent (dated within six months prior to submission).
  • Proof of the relationship of the applicant or the accompanying spouse or common-law partner to the family member must also be provided (e.g., a birth certificate, an official document naming the applicant as a relative, a copy of the inside back cover of the relative’s passport showing the relative’s parents’ marriage certificate, legal adoption documents and any other documents that prove or describe the relationship).
  • If the applicant claims a stepbrother or stepsister, there should be no evidence in the application that the marriage or common-law relationship between the parents of the stepbrother or stepsister has broken down.
  • The principal applicant
  • Their spouse or common-law partner
Hi, would need some help here, in this care, if the birth certificate is in another language? do we need a certified translation?

dilibaba

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
My son's birth certificate is in English as well as in Urdu. Do i need translation for this?
please advise.

Thanks

nsk2819

Aug 27, 2020
I am an inland applicant. My daughter's birth cert is in Tamil and I did an affidavit with a local advocate in 2016, is it valid till now, since I need to use it for my ITA now. Or should I need to get a new translation in Canada?

nagarajgce

Jul 11, 2020
Hello All, my daughter birth certificate is printed in Tamil and English , do i need to get the translation version in english for PR application ? TIA