+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help as per my parents Date of Birth

lounge

Star Member
May 19, 2014
Hello everyone, i really appreciate the quick response of members here as regard any question been asked. i need an answer to this question:
I will be applying soonest but trying to gather information. i can't remember the date of birth of my parents and they are not around now to contact them. what do u guys think i can do. should i leave the space blank or put "*" sign as indicated in the guide? Can this affect my application. Any advise will be highly appreciated

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
What application? DOB has to match Passport DOB, can't put anything or blank

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Do you mean your parents are deceased? Does your birth certificate provide for any information pertaining to your parents? I think you can leave that information blank, however, I am pretty sure that will raise questions with your VO as to how/why you don't know the birthdays of your parents.

Hopefully others will chime in with useful information.

Good luck.

yvr1234

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-10-2013
Alurra71 said:
Do you mean your parents are deceased? Does your birth certificate provide for any information pertaining to your parents? I think you can leave that information blank, however, I am pretty sure that will raise questions with your VO as to how/why you don't know the birthdays of your parents.

Hopefully others will chime in with useful information.

Good luck.
i think his parents may be travelling...
It's not uncommon that people don't know/remember parents birthday. I never remember their birthday because they celebrate their lunar birthday only. So it's "different every year" to me who seldom look at lunar calender.

lounge

Star Member
May 19, 2014
I will be applying for my PR soonest via spousal sponsorship. My spouse is a Canadian citizen. Its the date of birth of my parents i can't really remember and i can't get them because they are not around.
Thanks everyone

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
As I mentioned in the Inland 2013 thread, you should go to an embassy (assuming you aren't Canadian) with as much information about your parents as possible and ask if they have access to birth/death records. Not filling out fields in your application or leaving them blank is a way to have your application possibly returned to you.

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
My wife had to contact relatives to find her father's DOB as she has completely fallen out of touch with the guy. As such she also had no address for him (which is required on one of the forms). On the advice of someone who has helped a lot of people with these applications over the years we left it blank (but wrote in the space in pen "Please see attached addendum") and attached a note to explain it. This adviser said that could be done for almost any question, the VO officers are after all people too and given the complete and comprehensive story they will understand.

lounge

Star Member
May 19, 2014
Thanks Gumper, I really appreciate. U mean i will have to explain on a separate sheet of paper my situation right?
Thanks God bless you. When did u lauch your application? have u gotten AOR? sorry for much question

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
lounge said:
Thanks Gumper, I really appreciate. U mean i will have to explain on a separate sheet of paper my situation right?
Thanks God bless you. When did u lauch your application? have u gotten AOR? sorry for much question
Yes, that is an option if you absolutely cannot get the date of birth. Just make sure you note on the IMM form that you are attaching a page to explain it, and make sure the page is stapled/attached to that IMM form. (We are Jan 2014 Outland. Yes, we have our AOR & SA now. Good luck!)

Mar 26, 2021
Hi,

I have same problem.Inforgot what date of birth of my father I inputted at the time of PR.

How can I get this information from IRCC?

I live in Saskatchewan, want to sponsor my cousin.

If my father's Date of birth mismatched with earlier date of birth that I given earlier,will my cousin application will be cancelled?

Plz help to advise

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Yes, that is an option if you absolutely cannot get the date of birth. Just make sure you note on the IMM form that you are attaching a page to explain it, and make sure the page is stapled/attached to that IMM form. (We are Jan 2014 Outland. Yes, we have our AOR & SA now. Good luck!)
Don't use staples, as IRCC asks you not to use them. Paperclips are fine.