+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help - Additional documents for adding spouse after AOR

shah1989

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Hi,

I submitted my PR application under FSW on Dec 3 2016 and got AOR on Dec 4, 2016.

My marital status changed in Feb 2017 and updated CIC about the change via Case Specific Query in March. CIC responded last night and asked following additional documents. I have confusion with some of the requirements and have written it down in highlighted text. Would request seniors to please help and advise.

Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP - Will there be two separate forms? one for me and one for my spouse. I feel it will be one form only because it contains details of both principal and spouse
 Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP - Again two separate forms?
 A completed and signed by your spouse or CLP Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669
 Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or CLP - Will there be two separate forms? one for me and one for my spouse.
 If applicable: A completed and signed IMM4509 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union - I dont think this form is applicable to us as we got formally married recently as per our tradition and customs and did not have much contact before marriage

6. Evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:
- Relationship photos (Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding,
wedding reception and post wedding photographs, commitment ceremony photos from outings
together trips, honeymoon, etc. (10–15 photos max) - Can provide all these thankfully
- If you are living together, evidence such as copy of bills, bank statements, lease agreement,
drivers licenses showing your names and address (10–15 pages max) - Dont have any of these since we just got married and has not got these things changed yet

I have been requested to provide all documents and information within 7 days from date of communication.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
shah1989 said:
Hi,

I submitted my PR application under FSW on Dec 3 2016 and got AOR on Dec 4, 2016.

My marital status changed in Feb 2017 and updated CIC about the change via Case Specific Query in March. CIC responded last night and asked following additional documents. I have confusion with some of the requirements and have written it down in highlighted text. Would request seniors to please help and advise.

Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP - Will there be two separate forms? one for me and one for my spouse. I feel it will be one form only because it contains details of both principal and spouse No, it is 2 separate forms to be filled by each of you
 Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP - Again two separate forms? Yes
 A completed and signed by your spouse or CLP Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669
 Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or CLP - Will there be two separate forms? one for me and one for my spouse.
 If applicable: A completed and signed IMM4509 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union - I dont think this form is applicable to us as we got formally married recently as per our tradition and customs and did not have much contact before marriage This does not apply to you

- Relationship photos (Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding,
wedding reception and post wedding photographs, commitment ceremony photos from outings
together trips, honeymoon, etc. (10–15 photos max) - Can provide all these thankfully
- If you are living together, evidence such as copy of bills, bank statements, lease agreement,
drivers licenses showing your names and address (10–15 pages max) - Dont have any of these since we just got married and has not got these things changed yet Explain you just got married and are yet to have your wife included on the relevant things. State that they if they give extra time, you can obtain a new drivers licence for your spouse with your address on it to satisfy them

I have been requested to provide all documents and information within 7 days from date of communication.
Hi, see above. Next time don't use that red/yellow color scheme to ask questions. It makes it difficult to read when responding to you.

shah1989

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
thanks for your reply and apologies for the the color scheme.

Would not this be a repetition with two separate forms of IMM0008. It contains questions first for principal applicant and then ask the same questions for dependents/spouse. So there will be two forms with same information. I will be candidate in one form and spouse of my wife in the second, however information remains the same.

shah1989

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
After receiving documents for addition of my spouse to the PR application, IRCC replied promptly (6 days after submission) and asked to submit additional proofs:

Proof of communication before marriage (they mentioned Facebook, emails etc.)
Proof of wedding announcement and copies of wedding cards
Flight details and hotel reservations for our honeymoon trip

My question is that we had talked on facebook chat, but my wife's name is different from her full name on Passport. Will that be an issue? We have a good chat history and exchanged of pictures as well but her nick name on FB is different that what we have submitted in the application.

Secondly, what other proofs I can submit as proof of wedding announcement other than formal invitation cards. Should I sent few emails I sent to my office colleagues for wedding invitation and some whatsapp chat with friends for invitation. Would that suffice ? An y more ideas

Thanks

club27

Jun 27, 2017
After receiving documents for addition of my spouse to the PR application, IRCC replied promptly (6 days after submission) and asked to submit additional proofs:

My question is that we had talked on facebook chat, but my wife's name is different from her full name on Passport. Will that be an issue? We have a good chat history and exchanged of pictures as well but her nick name on FB is different that what we have submitted in the application.

Secondly, what other proofs I can submit as proof of wedding announcement other than formal invitation cards. Should I sent few emails I sent to my office colleagues for wedding invitation and some whatsapp chat with friends for invitation. Would that suffice ? An y more ideas

Thanks

Hi,
How is your situation now? Have everything been sought out?

P.S. I am almost in the same boat as yours.

shah1989

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Application submitted. Processing has been completed for my spouse as per the call agents. Only my security is pending now..

save_me_plz

Jun 5, 2014
Hi,

Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP - Will there be two separate forms? one for me and one for my spouse. I feel it will be one form only because it contains details of both principal and spouse
 Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP - Again two separate forms?
 If applicable: A completed and signed IMM4509 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union - I dont think this form is applicable to us as we got formally married recently as per our tradition and customs and did not have much contact before marriage

drivers licenses showing your names and address (10–15 pages max) - Dont have any of these since we just got married and has not got these things changed yet

Can you yourself read your questions. I mean come on. You are testing us?

Milesthegreat

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Hi,

Hello, how did your application go?

milin4ever

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018

Thanks

Hi,

Did you provide them with email communication u shared with colleagues for wedding announcement?

We didn't have wedding card. So asking.