+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent guidance regarding PGWP needed please!! Help plz

norton85

Jun 9, 2020
Hi,

I was granted studypermit from 30July 20 to 30Nov 21..total of 16 month..I studied 4 semesters for 2 certifications program...all semesters full time...graduated both certificate programs with honors...

I have a question here..

I studied inside canada for 10 months but then had to leave as studies were online and I had some important work home..
My study permit expired 30th Nov but my enrollement says the program ends 15December... I applied for a new study permit (as I was out of Canada) before the expiry of my previous study permit... but my application was refused on 23December saying that "My studies ended on 15th December:............. So, normally, they give you 3 moths more that that ...but in my case they didnt...as per the rule, I can keep studying while they give decision on my study permit...so I kept studying from 1 December to 15th December as for all time before 1 December, I had valid study permit...

My results are announced and my gpa is great...

But I am confused here...Am i good to apply for PGWP and get a 3 years work permit?
Will the school give graduation letter or say that I didnt have a valid study permit from 1Dec to 15th Dec?
Or when i apply for PGWP, they will say i didnt have study permit for that 15 days ....

Or am i overthinking and since i applied before the expiry, I could keep studying for those 15 days and all is good ....and that I GET THE GRAUDAATION LETTER and GET 3 YEARS WORK PERMIT...

Any response will be highly appreciated....I thank this great community in advance

parikshit123

Dec 20, 2019
Hi,

I was granted studypermit from 30July 20 to 30Nov 21..total of 16 month..I studied 4 semesters for 2 certifications program...all semesters full time...graduated both certificate programs with honors...

I have a question here..

I studied inside canada for 10 months but then had to leave as studies were online and I had some important work home..
My study permit expired 30th Nov but my enrollement says the program ends 15December... I applied for a new study permit (as I was out of Canada) before the expiry of my previous study permit... but my application was refused on 23December saying that "My studies ended on 15th December:............. So, normally, they give you 3 moths more that that ...but in my case they didnt...as per the rule, I can keep studying while they give decision on my study permit...so I kept studying from 1 December to 15th December as for all time before 1 December, I had valid study permit...

My results are announced and my gpa is great...

But I am confused here...Am i good to apply for PGWP and get a 3 years work permit?
Will the school give graduation letter or say that I didnt have a valid study permit from 1Dec to 15th Dec?
Or when i apply for PGWP, they will say i didnt have study permit for that 15 days ....

Or am i overthinking and since i applied before the expiry, I could keep studying for those 15 days and all is good ....and that I GET THE GRAUDAATION LETTER and GET 3 YEARS WORK PERMIT...

Any response will be highly appreciated....I thank this great community in advance
Hi,

It's a strange situation but can be explained when you apply for PGWP.

In order to apply for PGWP, you should have a valid Study Permit (not expired on the date of PGWP Application). In your case, it expired before your studies finished, but you applied for extension before expiry date.

Generally, a student status is required when you apply for PGWP but in your case you are not in Canada so you don't need any status I believe.

I would suggest that you apply for PGWP with a proper explanation for your situation and attach all proofs like when you moved out of the Canada, Study Permit extension Refusal letter, Transcripts, and Degree Completion Letter. Please refer to below link.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/after-graduation/apply.html

All the best!!

norton85

Jun 9, 2020
Hi,

It's a strange situation but can be explained when you apply for PGWP.

In order to apply for PGWP, you should have a valid Study Permit (not expired on the date of PGWP Application). In your case, it expired before your studies finished, but you applied for extension before expiry date.

Generally, a student status is required when you apply for PGWP but in your case you are not in Canada so you don't need any status I believe.

I would suggest that you apply for PGWP with a proper explanation for your situation and attach all proofs like when you moved out of the Canada, Study Permit extension Refusal letter, Transcripts, and Degree Completion Letter. Please refer to below link.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/after-graduation/apply.html

All the best!!

Hi @arikshit123 thanks so much.

Yes am tensed because there is nothing more I can do.

I applied before my study permit expires....so am good.
It says that while a decision is made, I can continue studying which means my study from 1 Dec to 15 my studies were legit..

So, my college has upgraded the grades and hopefully the Graudation letter in 2nd week of December...

I am eligible for PGWP of 1 year as my certificate program from 1 August 2020 to 20August 2021 ended while I have my study permit from 30 July 2020 to 30 Nov 2021....Since i can apply within 180 days, it means I have till 20th February 2022 to apply for PGWP but that will allow me 1 year maximum....

But for my second certificate from 1st Sep to 15th Dec, a one semester but is expedited program equating to 2nd Certificate, I am not sure if I am eligible to add the 2nd cetfificate and earn a 3 years PGWP.... Because as i mentioned, my studied ended 15th Dec and my study permit ednded 30th Nove.....

Any other friend who can guide or throw some words, please help.

Will be so thankful.

Regards