+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent guidance CAN I FLY TO INDI AND THEN BACK TO CANADA WITH VALID WORK PERMIT

Samaira8587

Jan 21, 2013
Whether an Indian citizen having a work permit which is valid till March 2014 can travel To INDIA and fly back again to Canada?Is there any requirement that passport has to be sent to Visa authorities for multiple entry Visa or the work permit itself implies that one is legally allowed to travel to INDIA and then back to Canada.PLease guide urgent

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
you will definitely need a visa to be stamped before you can enter Canada once you leave Canada...it can within Canada from Ottawa or from CHC New Delhi.

Samaira8587

Jan 21, 2013
Thankyou so much for the help and guidance.
A)How much time it takes for stamping of multiple entry within Canada by CIC?
B)How much time it takes for stamping of multiple entry at CHC New Delhi?

Please help

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Samaira8587 said:
Thankyou so much for the help and guidance.
A)How much time it takes for stamping of multiple entry within Canada by CIC?
B)How much time it takes for stamping of multiple entry at CHC New Delhi?

Please help
It takes around 28-30 days from Ottawa CPP

I would not advise CHC because you will have to go through the unnecessary approval process of showing your eligibility for visa and plus there are no posted timelines about the same.

Samaira8587

Jan 21, 2013
will they definitely do the stamping within 30days. I received my work permit today and I need to travel back to India maximum by 30th May 2013.I am so helpless at the moment.Are their walk in consulates who could stamp on the same day?

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Samaira8587 said:
will they definitely do the stamping within 30days. I received my work permit today and I need to travel back to India maximum by 30th May 2013.I am so helpless at the moment.Are their walk in consulates who could stamp on the same day?
If you send your passport today maybe yes but you should still consider the fact that the posted timelines are true for 80% applications..if you do apply, I would say do paper application because that would mean your passport is sent for stamping as soon as the case is approved..if you do online then they will send you an email and then you will mail it to them and then they will take their time and all the stuff..

Samaira8587

Jan 21, 2013
Thank You! so that means I should send the passport by Canada post and should not apply online?

Also do you have any idea about WAlk in consulates?Can they do the stamping on same day in Ottawa?

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
As far as I know there is no drop in service available in Ottawa...I know it was available in the US but not sure about it anymore..

and yeah send it by canada post priority mail asap..

Samaira8587

Jan 21, 2013
Also if you could please guide on that if anyone is on student visa and he/she needs to travel back for some family function back to India within 3months after reaching canada then can he/she travel to India and then back to Canada?

aakriti

Feb 4, 2013
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Feb
AOR Received.
25th Feb
File Transfer...
8th march
Med's Done....
13th Jan
Passport Req..
3rd Aprril
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
waiting
Samaira8587 said:
Whether an Indian citizen having a work permit which is valid till March 2014 can travel To INDIA and fly back again to Canada?Is there any requirement that passport has to be sent to Visa authorities for multiple entry Visa or the work permit itself implies that one is legally allowed to travel to INDIA and then back to Canada.PLease guide urgent
If u have US visa... you can go to the bufflo.....then u can get your visa in one day........but You definitely need a visa to re enter Canada...

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
aakriti said:
If u have US visa... you can go to the bufflo.....then u can get your visa in one day........but You definitely need a visa to re enter Canada...

buffalo visa office has been closed..and you can enter Canada without a visa if you have a valid work permit and you ONLY visited US after leaving Canada...

Samaira8587

Jan 21, 2013
Thankyou and on student visa with multiple entry Can one go to India and re enter back to Canada without any issues?

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Samaira8587 said:
Thankyou and on student visa with multiple entry Can one go to India and re enter back to Canada without any issues?
it all depends on your response to the questions of Immigration officer and in the end it would be the immigration officer who would let you in....

just so you know and you might already know study visa and study permit are two different things

ocaan

May 7, 2013
Samaira8587 said:
On Post graduation work permit can I work for two jobs? For each job separate workpermit is required or not?
Post Graduation Work Permit is an open work permit. It is not tied to an employer. You can work at more than one job.