+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent! Going back home after AOR as PGWP is expiring.

Tkha

Nov 22, 2018
Urgent!

Hi all, hope you all are doing great.

I have a query if you all can help.
Background:
I have got my AOR on October 24 and got the MEP few days ago.
My stream is CEC-Inland. And my Post grad Work Permit is expiring on 3rd December, for which I have already applied a Bridge open work permit.
I recently got laid off as well. And getting a job opportunity back home for some time. As soon as the PR is approved, I will travel and look for work in Canada again.

So my questions are:
1) Is it possible to transfer my case from CEC- Inland to Outland if I travel now or am I stuck in this scenario until my PR decision is finalized?
2) For my Bridge open work permit, If I get it before my PPR, I can apply the TRV from back home. I have done this for my Post graduation work permit as well. I am just worried that they might reject the BOWP if I am not in Canada anymore. Could travelling be an issue?

It's a complicated situation. Please help if you can or know anyone is this situation.

Much appreciated. Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Urgent!
So my questions are:
1) Is it possible to transfer my case from CEC- Inland to Outland if I travel now or am I stuck in this scenario until my PR decision is finalized?

Inland, outland, does not matter. If you move, you MUST give IRCC your new address. At that time, if you wish to complete processing at a different visa office closer to you your home, you can also request a file transfer.

2) For my Bridge open work permit, If I get it before my PPR, I can apply the TRV from back home. I have done this for my Post graduation work permit as well. I am just worried that they might reject the BOWP if I am not in Canada anymore. Could travelling be an issue?

Correct, you must be in Canada to be eligible for the BOWP. My suggestion would be to wait until you have the BOWP in hand before leaving Canada. Of course, once you get that you can look for a new job in Canada.

If you still have a valid TRV, you can continue to use it. Otherwise, you can renew the TRV from here or from your country.