+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT - "Funds available for my stay"

transpose9

Mar 9, 2017
Hi, so I know there are other topics about this but I'm still somehow confused.

I'm doing a bachelors degree in montreal (3 years of study). My parents are paying for everything, obviously, because I don't have money / a job or anything.

$8300/year for tuition (that money will come out of my parents bank account, I guess)
approx. $5000/year for rent (that may also come out of my parents bank account)
approx. $5000/year for food, transport, phone and internet service (will probably come out of mine, even though in the first place my parents made the money)
maybe a bit more for hoobies, plane tickets etc. (mixed between my account and my parent's I assume)

So? Should I write in the full 3-year $55000 estimate? Or just what I'm probably going to be paying for out of my own account ($15000)?
Also, my parents probably don't currently have $55000 in their bank account, nor are they ready to just transfer the full $15000 into my bank account. These fees will be paid monthly, obviously, so my parent's can pay for everything every month, just not all in once.

What should I write in? Will I have to prove that I have all that money in my account even though I obviously don't?

Thanks a lot.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment but as I understand you only need to show the first years fees and living expenses not all 3 in your case so use that as start point. Have to admit 8300 sounds cheap for an international fee.

transpose9

Mar 9, 2017
Bs65 said:
Others can comment but as I understand you only need to show the first years fees and living expenses not all 3 in your case so use that as start point. Have to admit 8300 sounds cheap for an international fee.
Thanks. I'm an exempt students so I only pay Canadian citizen fees.
So I guess I'll write in like 15000$. But I'm scared that they will ask proof that I currently have 15000$ in my bank account which is IMPOSSIBLE for me to have. Still don't really know what to do

Also I forgot to mention the context in the title, I'm applying for a study permit on the CIC website.

Has002

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2015
have satisfactory proof of financial support:
If the duration of your studies in Canada will be less than a year, proof of financial support for the duration of your studies in Canada.
If the duration of your studies in Canada will be more than a year, proof of financial support for the first year of your studies in Canada.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5269ETOC.asp