+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent!! Financial sponsor for married couple.

Alejandro123

Jan 26, 2019
Hello everyone.
I'm applying for a study permit along with my wife for her OWP. Our concern is that we are very young so our financial support is given by my uncle, we are current students in Colombia and we just plan to go get myself a diploma and learn French so we work but it's not enough to show financial support.

Is it OK if my uncle sponsors us? Will this be any issue?

We are just waiting for the CAQ to arrive so we will be applying as soon as we get it. I begin on June 17th 2019 at Teccart in Montreal.
We Will really appreciate any help and advice.

Best regards

Alejandro123

Jan 26, 2019
Also wanted to add that in letter of explanation I added that we will be returning to finish our studies here, and we have a letter Form our jobs securing our spot in the company when we return which I think helps. We really don't want to have our visas denied if anyone knows about having a sponsor as a couple please let us know

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone.
I'm applying for a study permit along with my wife for her OWP. Our concern is that we are very young so our financial support is given by my uncle, we are current students in Colombia and we just plan to go get myself a diploma and learn French so we work but it's not enough to show financial support.

Is it OK if my uncle sponsors us? Will this be any issue?

We are just waiting for the CAQ to arrive so we will be applying as soon as we get it. I begin on June 17th 2019 at Teccart in Montreal.
We Will really appreciate any help and advice.

Best regards
It's typically not a good idea to have an uncle act as sponsor. This lowers your chances of approval. IRCC likes to see that you either have the funds yourself or that the sponsor is an immediate family member (e.g. your mother or father). I you are applying for a study permit and your spouse is applying to accompany you on an OWP, the I think it's an especially bad idea to have an uncle as a sponsor. If you must have your uncle sponsor you, then you should apply for the study permit on your own and leave your partner off the application.

Alejandro123

Jan 26, 2019
It's typically not a good idea to have an uncle act as sponsor. This lowers your chances of approval. IRCC likes to see that you either have the funds yourself or that the sponsor is an immediate family member (e.g. your mother or father). I you are applying for a study permit and your spouse is applying to accompany you on an OWP, the I think it's an especially bad idea to have an uncle as a sponsor. If you must have your uncle sponsor you, then you should apply for the study permit on your own and leave your partner off the application.
We don't want to separate that's not the idea. Would it help if he has no children and I'm his only nephew? He has always looked up for me and I can also attach my income