+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT! Family Information

Joy12345

Jun 23, 2017
Actually, I have a younger brother who is currently studying in the US. My consultant says it would be better that I do not include my brother in family details (citing my parent's Annual income $17K CAD). What do you suggest I do? And, will they know if I lie?

gaba

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
You should add his information. As far as i know, all of family passports are basically attached with each other.
Better not to hide anything.

gur999

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Yes u should not hide it they'll get to know. I was also in same situation as you but I showed my brother's name in family details and fortunately my visa is approved.

UBC 2017

Apr 8, 2017
Don't listen to your consultant , at the bottom of the form you acknowledge the following:
I certify that the information contained on this document is complete, accurate and factual. I also realize that once this document has been completed and signed that it will form part of my Immigration Record and will be used to verify my family details on future applications.

Joy12345

Jun 23, 2017
You should add his information. As far as i know, all of family passports are basically attached with each other.
The consultant says that since my parent's annual income is only around $17K CAD the high commission sees this as a financial barrier. But we have funds over $100K CAD, does it affect in any way if I add his detail?

Joy12345

Jun 23, 2017
Don't listen to your consultant , at the bottom of the form you acknowledge the following:
I certify that the information contained on this document is complete, accurate and factual. I also realize that once this document has been completed and signed that it will form part of my Immigration Record and will be used to verify my family details on future applications.
The consultant says that since my parent's annual income is only around $17K CAD the high commission sees this as a financial barrier. But we have funds over $100K CAD, does it affect in any way if I add his detail?

Joy12345

Jun 23, 2017
Yes u should not hide it they'll get to know. I was also in same situation as you but I showed my brother's name in family details and fortunately my visa is approved.
My parent's finances income wise are on the lower side, and would addition of my brother who is on a student visa to USA have any negative impact over my application?

gaba

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Under any circumstances you should noy hide, otherwise it would affect your case adversely.
Its better to be assessed with true information, rather than assessed with false/ incomplete information.
IRCC have rights to make you 'inadmissible', if they feel that something is hidden by applicant.
I've seen cases, where not mentioning about previous refusal in the application, leads to another refusal and even 'inadmissibility' to their country either for few years or for lifetime.

Reactions: Joy12345

gaba

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
We cannot judge the results or things that would came to mind of Visa Officer, after assessing our file, But we should submit complete details of everything asked in our application.

Joy12345

Jun 23, 2017

Under any circumstances you should noy hide, otherwise it would affect your case adversely.
Its better to be assessed with true information, rather than assessed with false/ incomplete information.
IRCC have rights to make you 'inadmissible', if they feel that something is hidden by applicant.
I've seen cases, where not mentioning about previous refusal in the application, leads to another refusal and even 'inadmissibility' to their country either for few years or for lifetime.
I guess I will go with your advice, Thanks