VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah "you needed your or his bank statement for the funds available", this is exactly what I did. I submitted:
1. my bank statements (checking+savings)
2. our joint bank statements (checking+savings)
3. his RRSP bank statements

All the checking + savings accounts showed $13,582, not enough for a family of two but if we count his RRSP in, that's more than enough.

The officer thought his RRSP as "not readily available" but....as my husband says, his RRSP is not locked-in account, he can withdraw the money any time just by calling the bank and paying some tax.

Can I argue that his RRSP is actually "readily available"?
RRSP is not counted. Simply because it is investment fund. As such those money are blocked (except of certain exceptions) until retirement. Additional currently the value of your retirement money is not known and can be only estimated (and can be technically anywhere from 0 to X).
From point of immigration it is the same as buying some apple shares and then trying to use that investment as your finances.

Rarapuff

Jul 15, 2019
You can do what you like, and make any argument you like. As stated before, your application was correctly rejected and the file will not be reopened for something like this.

If you insist, sure, feel free to try. If you're successful, come back and let us know.
haha okay ( smile-cry emoji here)

I don't know what I should do, what's a better way. I've done a lot for EE, probably that's why I'm so stubborn.

Anyway, thank you so much! Although you always killed my tiny little hope ( truth kills hope) but....really appreciate it!

Thank you!

Rarapuff

Jul 15, 2019
RRSP is not counted. Simply because it is investment fund. As such those money are blocked (except of certain exceptions) until retirement. Additional currently the value of your retirement money is not known and can be only estimated (and can be technically anywhere from 0 to X).
From point of immigration it is the same as buying some apple shares and then trying to use that investment as your finances.
Thank you for your kind help! Every single reply means a lot to me!