+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: Express entry profile: level of education (Dual bachelor's degree)

Francisbrave

Jul 14, 2019
I needed clarification on the following below mentioned queries:

1) I have completed a 5 year integrated BA LLB (H). As per WES the Canadian equivalency for my degree is "Dual bachelor's degree (4 years)" and in the credential section of the WES report it shows "bachelor of arts/ Bachelor of laws". Will this be considered as two or more degrees in the Express Entry profile application?

2) If Yes, how do I mention this in the Express Entry profile application, since in the drop-down for level of education and level of education(Canadian equivalent) there is no option for two or more degrees/certificates?

Last edited:

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019

1) I have completed a 5 year integrated BA LLB (H). As per WES the Canadian equivalency for my degree is "Dual bachelor's degree (4 years)" and in the credential section of the WES report it shows "bachelor of arts/ Bachelor of laws". Will this be considered as two or more degrees in the Express Entry profile application?

2) If Yes, how do I mention this in the Express Entry profile application, since in the drop-down for level of education and level of education(Canadian equivalent) there is no option for two or more degrees/certificates?
You are supposed to add one degree at a time.

Eg, add BA first, it's start and end dates, duration of education, location of institute, name of institute etc. At the very end, did you get Canadian degree for this study, select NO. Further, select YES for ECA, select ECA authority, select level of education they gave you for your degree. In the very end, a button says ADD. Click it, and you are good to go for a similar round for your LLB.

Francisbrave

Jul 14, 2019
Thank you Raja, So as per your suggestion I am supposed to add, for instance:

1. BA: 2010- 2013 (3 years)
2. LLB: 2013- 2015 (2 years)

Or do u suggest:

1. BA: 2010- 2015 (5 years)
2. LLB: 2010-2015 (5 years)

Not_Your_Donkey_Kong

Apr 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Thank you Raja, So as per your suggestion I am supposed to add, for instance:

1. BA: 2010- 2013 (3 years)
2. LLB: 2013- 2015 (2 years)

Or do u suggest:

1. BA: 2010- 2015 (5 years)
2. LLB: 2010-2015 (5 years)
The second case. B.A, LL.B is an integrated course, both the degrees run concurrently and are awarded at the same time i.e upon successful completion of five years.

Francisbrave

Jul 14, 2019
Hi,

Thanks a lot for replying. Did you face the same situation or do you know someone who did the same and got a PPR?
Thanks again.

Not_Your_Donkey_Kong

Apr 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hi,

Thanks a lot for replying. Did you face the same situation or do you know someone who did the same and got a PPR?
Thanks again.
B.A, LL.B grad here too. Awaiting ITA. Followed the method that i affirmed above.
And yes, I do know a friend of mine who did the same and is now in Canada as a P.R.

The V.O may ask though for additional information as to why have you shown B.A, LL.B as two separate degrees as opposed to ECA report which, owing to its ambiguity, gives an impression that it was a single degree. Just write a detailed Letter of explanation stating how both degrees are separate in nature, and how there is no provision of entering a dual bachelors' degree in EE system.

VARSHA_ANOOP

Dec 9, 2019
B.A, LL.B grad here too. Awaiting ITA. Followed the method that i affirmed above.
And yes, I do know a friend of mine who did the same and is now in Canada as a P.R.

The V.O may ask though for additional information as to why have you shown B.A, LL.B as two separate degrees as opposed to ECA report which, owing to its ambiguity, gives an impression that it was a single degree. Just write a detailed Letter of explanation stating how both degrees are separate in nature, and how there is no provision of entering a dual bachelors' degree in EE system.
Hello! B.A.LL.B candidate here - in the WES form can we select bachelor of academic laws/ bachelor of Law or should it just be bachelor of Law!

Dec 25, 2019
This question is giving a lot of stress to many advocates who aspire to apply for Permanent Residency to Canada.
I also went through a lot of these posts while applying. I visited many consultants who suggested my to proceed by adding two degrees. However, I could not loose my points just because an advisory body gave my law degree an equivalency of dual bachelors.
A dual bachelors does not mean "two degrees"; it means a person completed two degrees in four years (for example, I did Bachelors of law and arts in BALLB).
WES is just an advisory body and their decision is not binding on ICCRC or any other body. After considering all these factors I claimed points of a professional degree and I have received my PPR.
I did not even explain anything in my submission letter, after all, I am claiming legitimate points for a degree I have pursued. So, I suggest, instead of going through all this fuss, go ahead with Professional degree. At the end of the day, we are all lawyers, eligible to practice law.
All the best!!

sidaksandhu

Jan 8, 2020
This question is giving a lot of stress to many advocates who aspire to apply for Permanent Residency to Canada.
I also went through a lot of these posts while applying. I visited many consultants who suggested my to proceed by adding two degrees. However, I could not loose my points just because an advisory body gave my law degree an equivalency of dual bachelors.
A dual bachelors does not mean "two degrees"; it means a person completed two degrees in four years (for example, I did Bachelors of law and arts in BALLB).
WES is just an advisory body and their decision is not binding on ICCRC or any other body. After considering all these factors I claimed points of a professional degree and I have received my PPR.
I did not even explain anything in my submission letter, after all, I am claiming legitimate points for a degree I have pursued. So, I suggest, instead of going through all this fuss, go ahead with Professional degree. At the end of the day, we are all lawyers, eligible to practice law.
All the best!!
Hi! I am also an aspiring applicant. Is there any way I can contact you?

MREZA1988

Feb 20, 2019
Hello Everyone, i have a WES evaluation of "Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)". Im 32 and ielts with Clb 7, what can i do to increase my points academically?

La Legal

Dec 1, 2020
All the best!!
thanks for this.
I got two degrees in my 5 YEAR BA LLB COURSE. One is B.A ( Law) at the end of 3 years and another LL.B at the end of 5 years. can you suggest where and how to apply this as professional degree or to get masters points as the WES form doesnt show any specific details on this. iahve also done a one year ( distant) PG Diploma in Media Laws from Nalsar so should i add it to my wes evaluation too ? please help

yang1212

Oct 19, 2021

did you get your PR ? i have the same sitution with the dual degree ..... i am not sure it is two or more certificate or just one bachelor degree .