+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[URGENT] Entering Canada few days before student visa and study permit expires

ivanobiwan

Mar 25, 2016
Hey everyone!

I have a problem on my hands at the moment. Long story short: I got accepted in UOIT (Oshawa, ON) and payed for my fees and tuitions. Before being accepted at UOIT I was studying in Sheridan College (Oakville, ON) and graduated this year, so I had my Study Permit for Sheridan College till 07.31.16. I used some Visa services in my country (Russia), and they messed up everything in my application and at the end they got me a TRV Student till 07.31.16 (thanks a lot) and I got my passport back couple days ago.

My question is: Is it better to apply for a new Study Permit and arrive to Canada ASAP and get the Study Permit there? Or should I just stay here (Russia) and wait for the new Study Permit? Will I get deported back for arriving few days before the expiration date?

The reason why I want to arrive to Canada in August before my classes begin in September, because I want to find a decent room around the University, I didn't go with the residence because I heard bad things about it and want some decent living space.

Thanks in advance!

Jeenda

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
Better get the permit and then enter Canada, there are 50 50 Chances, they will allow you to enter or not