+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent-Employment Reference letter issue after AOR

dreamer7775

Feb 13, 2020
Hello Senior members,@legalfalcon

I have already submitted my application.

I just realised after revisiting my reference letter once again that exact dates (dd/mm/yy) in bifurcation of various job titles is not listed. Bifurcation of various job titles are listed in mm/yy format.

However,i am working with same employer from June 2012 which clearly states date of joining (dd/mm/yy) format- till present.

Reference letter is like this

It is to confirm that xxxx is working full time from exact Date of joining(1 st june 2012 till present,)full time with xxx employer.

Title A : mm/yy- present
Title B:mm/yy-mm/yy
Title C:mm/yy-mm/yy

Additionally,promotion/ appraisal letters are also attached with each job title mentioning effective date of each job title.

Please advise what exactly i can do at this moment or leave it as it is.

I have not mentioned regarding same in Loe as well and got only single reference letter from my employer with various titles which i have attached against every job title folder.

dreamer7775

Feb 13, 2020
In total,i used two Nocs and held 5 job title with same employer:

Main Noc 1-Title A ( 4/2019 till present ) and Title B: (from 4/2015-3/2019)
Documents Provided- reference letter without exact dates of job titles, its not listed like title A started from April 1st 2019 till present and title B started from april 1st 2015 till 31st march 2019,though overall NOC 1 experience is more than 3 years,however listed in mm/yy format and letter is not ideal what IRCC has requested.

Also attached 6 mnths latest paystubs and promotion letters which has job title effective dates clearly mentioned like Title A is effective on april 1st 2019 and title B is effective on April 1st 2015

Other NOC 2-Title C (4/2014-3/2015),Title D (4/2013-3/2014) and Title E (6/2012 -3/2013)

Documents provided-same as above.

dreamer7775

Feb 13, 2020
So is it obvious, even without knowing the exact dates of the promotions, that you have 1 year of continuous work experience in the NOC that you chose as your primary occupation?
Yes,it is clearly stated in provided ref. letter that primary occupation NOC experience is continuous from 4/2015 till Present held under two various job titles i.e. Title A ( 4/2019 till present ) and Title B: (from 4/2015-3/2019).

dreamer7775

Feb 13, 2020
@legalfalcon @dan_and One more thing i want to double check regarding no of work hrs/week....i have claimed work hrs/week as 40 hrs /week before ITA and in application as well for all my roles consistently for the fact 9 hrs shift includes 1 hr break,however in my reference letter it is stated as full time-work hrs/week -45hrs/week by employer.(although its more and employer has calculated by 9hrs)

Just want to double check is that an issue because it is not consistent with what i have claimed before ITA and i havent provided any explanation regarding same in LOE.

I am thinking to withdraw my application due to this.

Please advise.

Last edited:

dreamer7775

Feb 13, 2020
Not required. IRCC considers 30 hours or more per week to be full time work.

So this means this discrepancy does not have any effect on your work experience calculation, and hence no effect on you points or eligibility.

Your application would not be rejected because of this.
I have not mentioned anything in LOE as well as i calculated it according to generic 8hrs shift to be on safer side,however employer calculation is according to shift timings(including break) and overtime.

Would you recommend to send loe via webform or leave it as it is?

Last edited:

dreamer7775

Feb 13, 2020
Any other inputs will be appreciated..

I have a weird scenario..submitted employer reference letter says full time,work hrs/week-45 hrs/week -employer calculation is based on 9 hr* 5 days shift ,however i claimed less in my application -40 hrs/week and submitted it and got AOR.(sticked to standard 40 hrs/week and due to oversight have not changed same during application submission).

Attached Appointment letter says" normally company run into 9 hr shift with 1 hr break and you can be put into any Shift as per company requirement and timings can be changed without prior notice.Normally saturday and sunday are considered weekly off.However you shall work as required by company without extra payment.Your shift/working/duty attendance and weekly off shall be regulated according to company requirements and need you to work over holidays/weekends as per exigencies of work".

Just want to make sure they will not think i have misrepresented my work exp. as employer clearly made error in reference letter.

Any input or suggestion on action from senior members will be appreciated.

Last edited: