14-01-2016
Passport Req..
25-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2016
LANDED..........
02-06-2016
Hello Everyone,

Could some of you experienced members provide me with some information on what happens if one does not meet the financial requirements for Quebec on their Outland Spouse Sponsorship application?

For some reason I was thinking that there was no minimum; however, it seems Quebec is the only province to have one.

What would you recommend that I do?

I am not planning on staying in Quebec with my wife; however, at the moment this is where my Canadian address is.

Please help and offer me some advice on what I should do!!!!

Kindly,

mega_option101

Mokomoko

Feb 3, 2016
Can you tell us what happened exactly so that we might be able to advise you?as from what I know though many people say no minimum requirements I know that there are actually minimum requirements. however as I know it is a matter of appreciation by a VO. for example you might be not working but showing how you will sustain yourself and your spouse. or showing a job promise.

Do you think that in any province if the sponsor is earning 14K a year they will allow him(no minimum requirements)?
As I mentioned If you provide us with more details, it would be easier for us to advise you.

Owl29

Nov 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-12-2015
File Transfer...
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-10-2015
Interview........
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2016
LANDED..........
06-04-2016
There is no requirements if you sponsor your spouse: KitA, sponsors guide: read the general requirements and specific requirements

The requirements apply only to other family members: parents, grandparents, etc

CanInd1234

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
I was in same dilemma today so I called up CIC and confirmed that there is NO minimum requirement for spouse sponsorship.

Not sure about Quebec though, you may call and check with CIC.

Regards,
CanIND

Mokomoko

Feb 3, 2016
''A sponsor is a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or Registered Indian (see Note
below) at least 18 years old, who resides in Canada and has filed an application to
sponsor a member of the family class, a member of the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class or an applicant seeking permanent residence status in
Canada under H&C grounds [R130(1)]. Sponsors must meet these requirements on
the day the sponsorship is filed and from that day until the day a decision is made
with respect to the application (to sponsor) [R133(1)''

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Mokomoko said:
Can you tell us what happened exactly so that we might be able to advise you?as from what I know though many people say no minimum requirements I know that there are actually minimum requirements. however as I know it is a matter of appreciation by a VO. for example you might be not working but showing how you will sustain yourself and your spouse. or showing a job promise.

Do you think that in any province if the sponsor is earning 14K a year they will allow him(no minimum requirements)?
As I mentioned If you provide us with more details, it would be easier for us to advise you.
There is no minimum income required to sponsor a spouse.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf
10.3. Sponsors who do not meet the income test
Sponsors of dependent children and of spouses, common-law partners or conjugal partners do not have to
meet financial requirements
, but they do undertake to provide for the basic necessities of the
sponsored applicants so that the applicants do not need social assistance.

Countless people have sponsored their spouses with ZERO income before, such as when they're a student or just unemployed at the time. CIC just needs to make sure you will not go on social assistance after, so if you don't have income you need to show some plan on how you will support yourselves i.e. getting family members to write letters they will financially support you, job prospects, etc. Having an app rejected due to income reasons is very rare.

Mokomoko

Feb 3, 2016
Actually you guys you are right.I was wrong, as from CIC this is the policies:

''Exception to minimum necessary income requirement
The ability to meet the minimum income requirement is mandatory, unless the
sponsor is sponsoring a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or a
dependent child where the child has no dependent children of their own
. This
exception also applies to persons under the age of 18 whom the sponsor intends to
adopt in Canada.''

Sponsorships in Quebec
The Canada-Quebec Accord gives Quebec responsibility for setting its own criteria
for family class sponsorship and administering undertakings. The federal government
maintains responsibility for most eligibility requirements related to admissibility and
enforcement. (See Quebec sponsors, section 24 for details.)
Quebec is responsible for:
• determining the financial criteria for the sponsorship of foreign nationals intending
to live in Quebec, and administering sponsorship undertakings and determining
their duration.
The duration of undertakings in the province of Quebec is:
• 3 years for spouses and common-law or conjugal partners;
• 10 years or until the age of 18 whichever is longer for dependent children; and
• 10 years in other cases.
5.42. Sponsors who move from Quebec
A sponsor who signed an engagement with the province of Quebec and
subsequently moves from Quebec to another province while their sponsorship
application is in process must sign a new undertaking and agreement.

mega_option101

Feb 5, 2016
Gatineau, Québec, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
Nomination.....
CSQ: 22-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Done....
14-01-2016
Passport Req..
25-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2016
LANDED..........
02-06-2016
Mokomoko said:

I am earning 33k a year. I have a child with my spouse. Our child has her citizenship, so I am only undertaking sponsorship for my wife.

I am pretty sure Quebec is the only province that has a financial requirement. As for Canada I know that the other provinces don't.

Based on what the Quebec calculator says, I'd need to prove 47k a year in income to be able to meet the financial requirements...

What happens if I can't? I just started working full time after finishing my studies in May 2015.

Mokomoko

Feb 3, 2016
Sorry about that. I think you are saying 47K based on family of 3 right?Maybe Quebec has exceptions as well which might save you.I will try to get more info about that,or other members can know that.but I think that rule might not apply automatically otherwise many people would not be able to sponsor from Qc since I know many people who are earning very little. and were able to sponsor.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
mega_option101 said:
I am earning 33k a year. I have a child with my spouse. Our child has her citizenship, so I am only undertaking sponsorship for my wife.

I am pretty sure Quebec is the only province that has a financial requirement. As for Canada I know that the other provinces don't.

Based on what the Quebec calculator says, I'd need to prove 47k a year in income to be able to meet the financial requirements...

What happens if I can't? I just started working full time after finishing my studies in May 2015.
As said above by Owl29, Quebec doesn't have a financial requirement when sponsoring a spouse. Look here http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/sponsors-sponsored/requirements-sponsor/specific-requirements/index.html. There is no financial requirement for the spousal category. The financial requirement is listed in the other categories.

snowy2015

Jan 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-15
Passport Req..
23-09-16
QC does not have any financial requirements for spousal sponsorship. You are mixing it with parents/grandparents sponsorship.

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Done before(January),renewed, April 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
They asked me to put 2 of my recent payslips though.(Quebec).

blueangel371115

Champion Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-07-2014
File Transfer...
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2015 (returned 1/19 due to errors), 26-01-2015
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
Unless the rules have changed, my husband was never required to submit financial paperwork so we never did and I was approved. Plus I was told even recently that rejection of a spouse by the province is rare. I would read all your papers and guides again rather than fill out extra paperwork.

shmoops

Aug 27, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
31-01-2018
Do sponsors need to be employed full time before they can sponsor a spouse? TIA

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
shmoops said:
Do sponsors need to be employed full time before they can sponsor a spouse? TIA
No, they do not. You will have to show you are not in receipt of social assistance, but otherwise there is no requirement to be employed, or for a specific minimum amount of earnings.

Reactions: shmoops