+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent days spend in home country with citizen

rohit patel

Apr 25, 2011
i am living in canada with pr status. i will complate my citizenship require period ( 3 years stay in last 4 years) in july 2012. i want to go my home country with my 3 years old grand son ( citizen of canada) for only 5 months. can this 5 months period will be consider in calculation of my citizenship required period ? i herd from the peoples that u spend the period (days) with citizen in home country ,the entire period (days) will be consider in require citizenship period.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rohit patel said:
i am living in canada with pr status. i will complate my citizenship require period ( 3 years stay in last 4 years) in july 2012. i want to go my home country with my 3 years old grand son ( citizen of canada) for only 5 months. can this 5 months period will be consider in calculation of my citizenship required period ? i herd from the peoples that u spend the period (days) with citizen in home country ,the entire period (days) will be consider in require citizenship period.
No, accompanying a Canadian citizen SPOUSE or a child accompanying their Canadian citizen parent, only is for preserving their PR status. Citizenship requires physical residency in Canada to count.