+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent:: Current or permanent address for Police clearance certificate

preet2017

Sep 3, 2017
I'm currently applying for Canada PR through Express Entry (have received an Ita) from India. I have a query. My permanent address (which is also mentioned on passport) is in Jalandhar city, Punjab (State A). However, currently due to job, I'm living in Gurgaon, Haryana (State B) . While applying PR, in address history I have given 3 addresses, Jalandhar (State A: till 2014), Noida, UP (State C: 2015) and current address as Gurgaon (State B: 2016 to Present). My work experience letter will also have gurgaon (State B) as the registered address of my company. Now while applying for PCC from psk, they ask for current address for which I have no residence proof (i.e. State B).
Can I go ahead and declare in PCC/PSK that my current address is same as permanent address (Jalandhar i.e. State A)) ?
Will it create any issue from Canada visa perspective since current address as per my address history will be Gurgaon (State B), whereas the address of psk mentioned on the pcc will be of Jalandhar (State A)?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
I'm currently applying for Canada PR through Express Entry (have received an Ita) from India. I have a query. My permanent address (which is also mentioned on passport) is in Jalandhar city, Punjab (State A). However, currently due to job, I'm living in Gurgaon, Haryana (State B) . While applying PR, in address history I have given 3 addresses, Jalandhar (State A: till 2014), Noida, UP (State C: 2015) and current address as Gurgaon (State B: 2016 to Present). My work experience letter will also have gurgaon (State B) as the registered address of my company. Now while applying for PCC from psk, they ask for current address for which I have no residence proof (i.e. State B).
Can I go ahead and declare in PCC/PSK that my current address is same as permanent address (Jalandhar i.e. State A)) ?
Will it create any issue from Canada visa perspective since current address as per my address history will be Gurgaon (State B), whereas the address of psk mentioned on the pcc will be of Jalandhar (State A)?
No issue in terms of Canada. You'll have to be there in Jalandhar in case of a police verification. I know a few people who have got PCC this way and have got their application approved.

preet2017

Sep 3, 2017
No issue in terms of Canada. You'll have to be there in Jalandhar in case of a police verification. I know a few people who have got PCC this way and have got their application approved.
k thanks. i hope it works! i'll manage the police verification from jalandhar. thats not an issue. was just worried about visa requirements from canada

supreetsangha

Apr 4, 2017
Hello,

I have heard people doing something similar and have received their PPR. However, I didn't want to risk it thus applied from current residence(got the address proof by changing the address of my bank account ) and it worked. Just make sure you have loved for more than 1 year at the address you mention.

preet2017

Sep 3, 2017
Hello,

I have heard people doing something similar and have received their PPR. However, I didn't want to risk it thus applied from current residence(got the address proof by changing the address of my bank account ) and it worked. Just make sure you have loved for more than 1 year at the address you mention.
I agree, that's more safe. But it requires bank account of nationalised bank then, which i dont have. And i am unable to arrange even a rent agreement as an address proof.

Reactions: slashmaybe

Ravi Tathgur

Sep 4, 2017
Hi All,

My situation is somewhat similar.

I am working in Infosys Chandigarh.
And my home and family( wife And Kid) is in Delhi.
Wife working in Gurgaon and kid studying in a school in Delhi.

For work I travel weekly to Chandigarh and come back every weekend.

Now I have obtained PCC also from Delhi which is my address on Passport as well as the permanent address where my family stays.

Since my stay is in Chandigarh for work therefore, I have got an accommodation there for stay during week.

However, I do not have any address proof of this accommodation in Chandigarh.

Also, My appointment letter and work ex letters will show my office in Chandigarh.
I am working in Chandigarh since Feb 2015 so it's more that 2.5 years.

Question) Is the Chandigarh address my current address/ present address which I should mention in the application or I should mark my present address and permanent address as same of Delhi.

An expert advice would be highly beneficial and appreciated.

Thanks
Ravi

gaganch25

Aug 16, 2017
Hey
I have a query. Me and my husband's passport address is different. I have the address of my parents and he has address of his nana g. I got my passport issued before marraige but didn't get it updated after marriage. Do i need to change my passport address and shall add spouse name. Pls reply asap as my 90 days are expiring on 20 Dec 2017

pintoke88

Dec 12, 2017
Hey
I have a query. Me and my husband's passport address is different. I have the address of my parents and he has address of his nana g. I got my passport issued before marraige but didn't get it updated after marriage. Do i need to change my passport address and shall add spouse name. Pls reply asap as my 90 days are expiring on 20 Dec 2017
What did you do in this case. I am facing a similar issue and don't know what I should do next.

saani

Jul 29, 2017
Need help. My permanent address on my ID card is different from my place of birth which is mentioned on my passport. Do i need pcc from my place of birth? I never lived there.how cic confirm my permanent address? Through my ID card or passport? Coz on passport only place of birth is mentioned nothing more. Regards

puzokumar

Star Member
Aug 7, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Banglaore
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2018
AOR Received.
23-11-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
If you have lived and worked in India along with filing your IT returns ( this should have your current address ) then they will accept this as proof of address for PCC.

BinarySingh

Jun 5, 2019
Hi All,

My situation is somewhat similar.

I am working in Infosys Chandigarh.
And my home and family( wife And Kid) is in Delhi.
Wife working in Gurgaon and kid studying in a school in Delhi.

For work I travel weekly to Chandigarh and come back every weekend.

Now I have obtained PCC also from Delhi which is my address on Passport as well as the permanent address where my family stays.

Since my stay is in Chandigarh for work therefore, I have got an accommodation there for stay during week.

However, I do not have any address proof of this accommodation in Chandigarh.

Also, My appointment letter and work ex letters will show my office in Chandigarh.
I am working in Chandigarh since Feb 2015 so it's more that 2.5 years.

Question) Is the Chandigarh address my current address/ present address which I should mention in the application or I should mark my present address and permanent address as same of Delhi.

An expert advice would be highly beneficial and appreciated.

Thanks
Ravi

Hi Ravi,

I am in a similar dilemma, can you please assist with what worked for you?

Kankodo

Nov 4, 2019
Hey, can someone please help me?

I am living in Canada but Indian citizen. I am applying for pcc from Canada. In form, I have given permanent address of India which is the same as passport address. But under that, it asked again the present address of domicile country??

so what should write in that present address of domicile country? Canada or India address?

any help will be really appreciated.