+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: CSQ within 30 days?

avidrunner

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
We received an email from IRCC today regarding the panel physician medical exam and have now booked an appointment for this Friday. Our outland spousal sponsorship package was mailed to IRCC on December 23, 2020 and we have already completed the biometrics exam earlier this year.

We plan on moving to Montreal and were informed by others on Canada Visa Forum not to start the CSQ until it is requested. However, this email is a bit alarming for the timeframe of the CSQ. It states as follows, and from what I am researching it takes some time to process a new CSQ application. But in this email, if I understand it correctly, they are asking for it within 30 days.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated with how to proceed with this CSQ as fast as possible.

Dear Applicant,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Please follow the steps below so that we can continue processing your application.

COMPLETE A MEDICAL EXAMINATION:
þ Within thirty (30) days of the date of this letter, a medical examination must be completed by:

1. you

Please follow the instructions sent to you in a separate e-mail message. When you go for your appointment with the Panel Physician, you must bring proof of your identity (government-issued ID card or passport).

SUBMIT REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:

þ If you will reside in the Province of Quebec, you and each of your accompanying family members must have a valid Certificate of Selection (CSQ). Your sponsor should contact the Department of Immigration of the Province of Quebec to obtain the required CSQ(s).

Please submit the requested documents as email attachments, ensure that you follow these guidelines:

• Do not use an icloud domain or other file-sharing websites.

• Each document must be in PDF format (.pdf) and must not exceed 2.0MB.

• Each PDF file must contain only one type of document. If several documents/forms are requested, save each type of document separately.

• If your submission includes a cover letter, this must be saved separately in one (1) PDF file.

• Documents must be readable and easy to view.

• The file name of each PDF document must follow this format:

Application number<space>Last Name<space>Given Name<space>Type of Document

Example: E12345678 Smith John Employment Contract

If you are unable to comply with one or more of our requests, please provide a detailed explanation. All documents that are not in either English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation. It is your responsibility to notify this office of any change in your address, contact numbers, marital status, family configuration, or employment or educational status. We will advise you of any other requirements, but we are NOT able to respond to requests for information on the routine progress of your application.
For online applications all responses should be sent via the IRCC online portal. For all other applications, all responses should be sent via email to spore.immigration@international.gc.ca. Please clearly indicate your file number on all correspondence with our office.

You must comply with the above requirements within thirty (30) days from the date of this letter. Failure to comply with these instructions may result in the refusal of your application.
Sincerely
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) / Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada (IRCC) / ML

Last edited:

frange

May 25, 2018
We received an email from IRCC today regarding the panel physician medical exam and have now booked an appointment for this Friday. Our outland spousal sponsorship package was mailed to IRCC on December 23, 2020 and we have already completed the biometrics exam earlier this year.

We plan on moving to Montreal and were informed by others on Canada Visa Forum not to start the CSQ until it is requested. However, this email is a bit alarming for the timeframe of the CSQ. It states as follows, and from what I am researching it takes some time to process a new CSQ application. But in this email, if I understand it correctly, they are asking for it within 30 days.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated with how to proceed with this CSQ as fast as possible.

Dear Applicant,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Please follow the steps below so that we can continue processing your application.

COMPLETE A MEDICAL EXAMINATION:
þ Within thirty (30) days of the date of this letter, a medical examination must be completed by:

1. you

Please follow the instructions sent to you in a separate e-mail message. When you go for your appointment with the Panel Physician, you must bring proof of your identity (government-issued ID card or passport).

SUBMIT REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:

þ If you will reside in the Province of Quebec, you and each of your accompanying family members must have a valid Certificate of Selection (CSQ). Your sponsor should contact the Department of Immigration of the Province of Quebec to obtain the required CSQ(s).

Please submit the requested documents as email attachments, ensure that you follow these guidelines:

• Do not use an icloud domain or other file-sharing websites.

• Each document must be in PDF format (.pdf) and must not exceed 2.0MB.

• Each PDF file must contain only one type of document. If several documents/forms are requested, save each type of document separately.

• If your submission includes a cover letter, this must be saved separately in one (1) PDF file.

• Documents must be readable and easy to view.

• The file name of each PDF document must follow this format:

Application number<space>Last Name<space>Given Name<space>Type of Document

Example: E12345678 Smith John Employment Contract

If you are unable to comply with one or more of our requests, please provide a detailed explanation. All documents that are not in either English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation. It is your responsibility to notify this office of any change in your address, contact numbers, marital status, family configuration, or employment or educational status. We will advise you of any other requirements, but we are NOT able to respond to requests for information on the routine progress of your application.
For online applications all responses should be sent via the IRCC online portal. For all other applications, all responses should be sent via email to spore.immigration@international.gc.ca. Please clearly indicate your file number on all correspondence with our office.

You must comply with the above requirements within thirty (30) days from the date of this letter. Failure to comply with these instructions may result in the refusal of your application.
Sincerely
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) / Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada (IRCC) / ML
What is your question?
It feasible to get your CSQ within a month. The timeframe is around 23-26 days around.

avidrunner

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
What is your question?
It feasible to get your CSQ within a month. The timeframe is around 23-26 days around.
When I called Quebec Immigration they informed me it would take 20-25 working days. I am mailing the forms in from overseas (South East Asia) and they will need to process and mail the approved CSQ back to us, so that will take time as well. Should I just inform spore.immigration@international.gc.ca that there will be a delay?

Also - curious if anyone would know.. (seperate question from CSQ for the primary applicant of Outland Spousal Sponsorship)...
As the Canadian sponsor, if I plan to be going to university in Montreal, should I also apply for CSQ? Tuition is quite a bit better for Quebec residents, however I'm not sure if CSQ is a requirement for that, or just living in Quebec for a year would be the only way to qualify for that? To clarify, there is both a Canadian resident tuition cost and a Quebec resident cost with universities in Quebec.

lyminh99

Dec 23, 2016
When I called Quebec Immigration they informed me it would take 20-25 working days. I am mailing the forms in from overseas (South East Asia) and they will need to process and mail the approved CSQ back to us, so that will take time as well. Should I just inform spore.immigration@international.gc.ca that there will be a delay?

Also - curious if anyone would know.. (seperate question from CSQ for the primary applicant of Outland Spousal Sponsorship)...
As the Canadian sponsor, if I plan to be going to university in Montreal, should I also apply for CSQ? Tuition is quite a bit better for Quebec residents, however I'm not sure if CSQ is a requirement for that, or just living in Quebec for a year would be the only way to qualify for that? To clarify, there is both a Canadian resident tuition cost and a Quebec resident cost with universities in Quebec.
Try to ask them if they can email the CSQ to you, I am in Quebec Skilled Worker program through Arrima, I only got electronic CSQ through email not even the paper one.