+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Co-op work permit question!

raistlinn

Aug 11, 2019
Hello everyone, hope you all are doing well. My co-op work term is going to start next summer, 2021. I have talked to my school's international student support regarding the co-op work permit. I was told to apply now but they told me the length of my co-op work permit will be as same as my study permit, which expires in 2021 summer and also added, I need to apply for an extension for both 3-4 months before my study permit expires.
In the past, my school's international student support has misinformed me a couple of times so I'd like to ask you is this the process that I should be following?

Thanks

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
You can apply now but and on paper the co-op eligibility may be for the same period but you are only to use that co-op permit for your work term. Anything outside of that is a violation/miuse

raistlinn

Aug 11, 2019
I'm only planning to use it for my work term nothing else. Then I guess I should follow the process my school told me to thanks.

meister

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
I would apply now for the co-op work permit and you can later extend it along with your study permit extension in one application. Considering the slow processing of applications.