+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT ! Co-op work permit and OWP application for inland INSP

yuki_kjo

Mar 4, 2019
Hi there

I have received a notification on May the 13th asking me to complete the information on my IRCC account.
I was trying to ask the immigration consultant at first, then that rude woman just gave me a bunch of blatant response saying since IRCC contacted me directly this is my own business and I should be responsible for my own things. ( her level of rudeness and lack of basic human etiquettes, wow. )

I am very confused about several different terms.
If I responded that I intend to extend my current study permit and I also wish to obtain a co-op permit. Will I be asked to submit a newly issued acceptance letter from my post-secondary? I'm on my third year for B.Sc and my original acceptance letter doesn't mention anything about post-graduation practicum or program related interim working experiences.
What is the requirement for applying for a co-op work permit WHILE STUDY PRMEIT EXTENSION IS IN PROGRESS? I had a wedding break in 2017 and I didn't go to school for 6 months( traveling outside Canada )
Will this directly lead to my co-op permit refusal?

I also want to mention my Canadian spouse has submitted an inland family class sponsorship last month, we have attached many documents to support my OWP application.
Please advise.
1. Should I apply for co-op visa? Will it inflict with my inland sponsorship OWP application?
2. Will my previous huge study break trigger my co-op application refusal?
3. Should I get a newly issued acceptance letter from my Uni? if I am intending to apply for CO-OP PERMIT along with my existing SP permit extension?
4. What does it mean? " Are you accompanying a family member who has status in Canada? " (Should I say yes since my husband is a Canadian citizen. )
5. What does it mean? Do you also want to apply for a work permit? Will my study permit extension delay if I say Yes I also want this visa.
6. What will happen if I say? Yes, I wish to apply for a CoOp Work Permit Will my existing SP permit extension be delayed or the worst I will face more structurization from those government institutions ( CBSA OR CIC OR IRCC..... )
This assignment from IRCC has clearly dated a due date, I'm so panic right now.
Hopefully, this matter will be solved ASAP.
If you have any advise please do not hesitate to share.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there

I have received a notification on May the 13th asking me to complete the information on my IRCC account.
I was trying to ask the immigration consultant at first, then that rude woman just gave me a bunch of blatant response saying since IRCC contacted me directly this is my own business and I should be responsible for my own things. ( her level of rudeness and lack of basic human etiquettes, wow. )

I am very confused about several different terms.
If I responded that I intend to extend my current study permit and I also wish to obtain a co-op permit. Will I be asked to submit a newly issued acceptance letter from my post-secondary? I'm on my third year for B.Sc and my original acceptance letter doesn't mention anything about post-graduation practicum or program related interim working experiences.
What is the requirement for applying for a co-op work permit WHILE STUDY PRMEIT EXTENSION IS IN PROGRESS? I had a wedding break in 2017 and I didn't go to school for 6 months( traveling outside Canada )
Will this directly lead to my co-op permit refusal?

I also want to mention my Canadian spouse has submitted an inland family class sponsorship last month, we have attached many documents to support my OWP application.
Please advise.
1. Should I apply for co-op visa? Will it inflict with my inland sponsorship OWP application?
2. Will my previous huge study break trigger my co-op application refusal?
3. Should I get a newly issued acceptance letter from my Uni? if I am intending to apply for CO-OP PERMIT along with my existing SP permit extension?
4. What does it mean? " Are you accompanying a family member who has status in Canada? " (Should I say yes since my husband is a Canadian citizen. )
5. What does it mean? Do you also want to apply for a work permit? Will my study permit extension delay if I say Yes I also want this visa.
6. What will happen if I say? Yes, I wish to apply for a CoOp Work Permit Will my existing SP permit extension be delayed or the worst I will face more structurization from those government institutions ( CBSA OR CIC OR IRCC..... )
This assignment from IRCC has clearly dated a due date, I'm so panic right now.
Hopefully, this matter will be solved ASAP.
If you have any advise please do not hesitate to share.
Your post is a bit difficult to understand. It's not that clear what you are doing.

Is the program you're taking a co-op program? Co-op work permits are only granted in circumstances where your program specifically includes a co-op and/or a co-op is a requirement to graduate from your program.

yuki_kjo

Mar 4, 2019
Your post is a bit difficult to understand. It's not that clear what you are doing.

Is the program you're taking a co-op program? Co-op work permits are only granted in circumstances where your program specifically includes a co-op and/or a co-op is a requirement to graduate from your program.
Nope, I'm majoring in Physics (B.Sc ) there's no indication of co-op program in my letter of acceptance.
I have applied to extend my stay in Canada as an IE student two months ago and my SP permit has been transferred to CPC Edmonton office.
I have received one information letter on 2019/03/12 saying Edmonton will deal with my file
Two days ago 2019-05-15 my online account shows that I should complete an application. In this application, I was asked to answer questions related to my status and they also asked if I want to apply a co-op permit ( First time)

yuki_kjo

Mar 4, 2019
I could not understand why they asked me to apply for more visa during my undergoing SP extension.
I'm not really into working and schooling at the same time.
I did consult with an agent from the registrar office. my institute only offers co-op reference letter to those major in BBA, BSB...
Well, I want to work in a lab so I may consult with IE registrar.

yuki_kjo

Mar 4, 2019
I wonder if I can upload a screen grabbing and upload on this site ?

It’s not something that confuses you.
However, I haven’t made any desicion in terms of Co op permit application yet.

I FEEL LIKE I can extend my original SP along with a brand new Co op work permit application.

I have to maintain my valid status in Canada and prevent myself from being stateless.
My basic ideas.
I will update this once I get more details.

Last edited:

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If you start an application on MyCIC through GCKey, the application is only valid for 60 days. The system may be warning you that an application that you had started - earlier - may be about to expire. It isn't an invitation to do anything, it's a reminder that you may have started something two months ago and not yet completed it. You don't have to complete it.

If you have already applied for spousal sponsorship and an OWP - you will have implied status until the OWP is decided. Provided you aren't a criminal and included the proper fees and forms, you will get an OWP.

You cannot apply for a co-op work permit unless you are in a co-op program.

Are you planning on studying more? When? You don't need to apply for every visa under the sun. Why would you be stateless?

Reactions: yuki_kjo

yuki_kjo

Mar 4, 2019
If you start an application on MyCIC through GCKey, the application is only valid for 60 days. The system may be warning you that an application that you had started - earlier - may be about to expire. It isn't an invitation to do anything, it's a reminder that you may have started something two months ago and not yet completed it. You don't have to complete it.

If you have already applied for spousal sponsorship and an OWP - you will have implied status until the OWP is decided. Provided you aren't a criminal and included the proper fees and forms, you will get an OWP.

You cannot apply for a co-op work permit unless you are in a co-op program.

Are you planning on studying more? When? You don't need to apply for every visa under the sun. Why would you be stateless?
Thank you for your kind reply.
I find it's super odd for them to open another application for me.
I didn't ask Canadian Immigration for Co-op permit application, however, on my CIC online there's another online application which was validated on 5-13 at some point.
This one is about CO-OP permit application.
I travel pretty often when I am on vacation I need legitimate documents to pass through Canadian custom check.
Yes, I have applied for Inland sponsorship but I haven't received AOR or Application number yet.
Since there's no AoR yet I'm not sure my implied status will be recognized by government institutes such as CBSA
In some university, B.Sc co-op program can be but now limited to Bioinformatics, computer science, physics
Damn my Uni doesn't recognize Physics as one of their Co-op.
I will update my case once I meet with IE counselor.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
They wouldn't open an application for you. Again, even if you just answered the questionnaire to find out what documents would be required to start an application, that would have actually created an application in your account.

Implied status is recognized by CBSA.

Are you still studying? If you are still studying and are not yet a PR, you must extend your study permit.

yuki_kjo

Mar 4, 2019
Continue an application you haven't submitted
Continue working on an application or profile you haven't submitted or delete it from your account.

Search:Showing 1 to 1 of 1 entriesShow entries
Continue working on an application or profile you haven't submitted or delete it from your account.
Application type Date Created Days left to submit

I pasted it from IRCC online account

yuki_kjo

Mar 4, 2019
They wouldn't open an application for you. Again, even if you just answered the questionnaire to find out what documents would be required to start an application, that would have actually created an application in your account.

Implied status is recognized by CBSA.

Are you still studying? If you are still studying and are not yet a PR, you must extend your study permit.
Continue an application you haven't submitted

Search:Showing 1 to 1 of 1 entriesShow entries
Application type online application Date Created 05/13/2019Days 58 left to submit

I pasted it from IRCC online account

yuki_kjo

Mar 4, 2019
What does that mean ?
I clicked “To continue an application “
Then I was asked to fill some questionnaire