+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: Classic Mess-Up - Solution Suggestions Needed

yameryusuf

Jan 24, 2017
Hello Guys,

So this is the problem I have gotten myself in. I did my AOR mid April 2017, and had not recieved any updates for a while; so I decided to order my GCMS Notes. In my GCMS Notes I found the following results under ASSESSMENTS:
Eligibility: Passed
Security
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final: Approved

My profile hasn't been updated since July 31st 2017. so I was wondering where it was stuck. To my horror I realised that the email ID they have on file is incorrectly spelled. So I thought they must have contacted me; I quickly called the CIC number and spoke to an agent. I firstly asked him if I have missed any communications from CIC as the email on record is incorrectly spelled and asked him to fix it. He checked and told me no emails have gone through since I submitted my application. But now I am worried how long it takes them to fix this on the application? Does someone have any suggestions?

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Did you sent a request to update email id. If you know your LVO you should be able to write to them directly if it helps.
Is your security in progress per gcms?

yameryusuf

Jan 24, 2017
I asked him to update the Email Address on file to fix it. I also sent them a contact information change email explaining what had happened. I am applying Inland, It does not say anything regarding security which I assume means it has been redacted. The LVO stated is Etobicoke IRCC.

shagunsangwan

Jul 11, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
A
It shows in gcms notes whether a communication was sent.
Check properly and if not then open a case specific inquiry

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
I asked him to update the Email Address on file to fix it. I also sent them a contact information change email explaining what had happened. I am applying Inland, It does not say anything regarding security which I assume means it has been redacted. The LVO stated is Etobicoke IRCC.
I am not quite sure if they update over phone or mail, but a CSE raised will be replied to and will be on record, you can check this through ordering gcms once post a feedback from them.

Do raise a CSE asap

yameryusuf

Jan 24, 2017
Thank you for your help! I raised a CSE as soon as I noticed the error. But just in case I called and spoke to an agent as well to fix my email address. The thing is my application has been approved and been in limbo for since August 2nd 2017 and the last thing in the NOTES section states:

CPC-O RFV letter sent via email in a batch. No correspondence was generated as letter was sent in batch.

I have also contacted CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca to ask them if I missed my PPR notification.

All I can do now is wait I guess. Does anyone know what happens if you miss the 60 day submission window for passport?

I heard some other people who had missed the email for more than 6 months and it did not create an issue. In my case the email simply would bounced back.

yameryusuf

Jan 24, 2017
Ok Guys, So here is an update. I called the CIC number again today to confirm if they did not send me a PPR. The agent today said they had actually sent me a PPR Request and will re-issue another PPR. So I am waiting for that to happen.

POINT TO NOTE: I double checked my transmitted application to verify if I had made a typo in my original email address and I had not made any mistake during the transmission of the application. The error must have been made internally as it was in my GCMS notes but not in the transmitted application.

I am worried that they sent the PPR to the wrong email ID last month and didn't realize it.

wonder123

Jul 23, 2017
any update mate?
i am in same situation and CIC officer told wait for couple next for next email.

Does nany one know about time frame for second PPR email

yameryusuf

Jan 24, 2017
It took them a week, but they sent me another PPR to corrected email. I would heavily suggest that you speak to one of the agents rather than just creating a CSE. Remember they only send the PPR once unless and until you let them know there ahas been a change. Good luck!

wonder123

Jul 23, 2017
Many thanks yousuf.
Spoken with agent yesterday and she said they requested for 2nd email for correct email address.
Its very stressful time and many lord bless on all of us.

One more question - My case is at Sydney office- shall we send the CSE them or just to central office?
I was thinking to send all offices London,Pak, Sydney and Ottawa?

any advise will be much appreciated

yameryusuf

Jan 24, 2017
I would personally send the CSE to whichever office will ideally end up processing your visa. But I would wait for a day or two to see if they send you anything. I would call the agent again to confirm they have something on file for you. Again I would wait for a bit before doing anything, just so you dont confuse them.

Last edited:

wonder123

Jul 23, 2017
Many thanks Yusuf-

--Well agent said she has asked relevant department to send another PPR email- but might take couple of weeks.
-- Now waiting game which is not good