+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Canadian passport application

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I became Canadian citizen yesterday (Yay :)). I would like to apply for urgent passport. I need passport to apply for visa for my home country as I need to visit family soon. Is this case fit for the needs of urgent passport application? Obviously, I don't have a booked ticket as I will book that after visa. Yes I am not traveling today or tomorrow but I need to travel at the earliest. Please suggest what to do in this case to expedite passport process.

Thanks,

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nubee said:
Hi everyone,

I became Canadian citizen yesterday (Yay :)). I would like to apply for urgent passport. I need passport to apply for visa for my home country as I need to visit family soon. Is this case fit for the needs of urgent passport application? Obviously, I don't have a booked ticket as I will book that after visa. Yes I am not traveling today or tomorrow but I need to travel at the earliest. Please suggest what to do in this case to expedite passport process.

Thanks,
Congratulations!!!
There's a rush service for Passport application,it's only 24 hrs. and worth $110 dollars more. :D :D Passport Canada will ask you if you already booked your flight and the dates ,as they will put those dates into consideration as well. If you ticked off the box that says "unknown" date of travel.....they'll "grill' you on your reason for expedited passport,since it's not practical for you to pay more if you're unsure of your travel date. They need the travel date to allow you a rush processing. It normally takes 10 business days to process a passport application. Maybe they'll understand your need to apply for a rush passport without a travel date since you still need to apply for a visa before you're able to book a flight. Passport Canada in Saskatoon are very nice....hope it's the same there. :D :D :D
Goodluck and safe travels!!

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey, thanks so much for your kind words. I tried this today but they need to see ticket for urgent processing. I mentioned them about visa but they said without ticket they can't do anything. I didn't want to take chance with high ticket change/cancellation fees so will wait thru mid next week hoping to get passport in mail :)

Regards,

stargazerlilly said:
Congratulations!!!
There's a rush service for Passport application,it's only 24 hrs. and worth $110 dollars more. :D :D Passport Canada will ask you if you already booked your flight and the dates ,as they will put those dates into consideration as well. If you ticked off the box that says "unknown" date of travel.....they'll "grill' you on your reason for expedited passport,since it's not practical for you to pay more if you're unsure of your travel date. They need the travel date to allow you a rush processing. It normally takes 10 business days to process a passport application. Maybe they'll understand your need to apply for a rush passport without a travel date since you still need to apply for a visa before you're able to book a flight. Passport Canada in Saskatoon are very nice....hope it's the same there. :D :D :D
Goodluck and safe travels!!

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nubee said:
Hey, thanks so much for your kind words. I tried this today but they need to see ticket for urgent processing. I mentioned them about visa but they said without ticket they can't do anything. I didn't want to take chance with high ticket change/cancellation fees so will wait thru mid next week hoping to get passport in mail :)

Regards,
Aaaawwww :'( :'( They can be tough as nails with those dates eh? But at least now you'll get your passport first then safely book your flight.

Enjoy your first ;D ;D canadian vacation! :D :D

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I totally agree with you. Eh? :)

stargazerlilly said:
Aaaawwww :'( :'( They can be tough as nails with those dates eh? But at least now you'll get your passport first then safely book your flight.

Enjoy your first ;D ;D canadian vacation! :D :D

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey friends, How long it has taken for you to receive Canadian passport under regular processing. I actually need to plan visa for out of country travel.

Thanks, Smiley

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
It took us just 6 calendar days. This was 2015 Christmas time.

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my uncle got it in just 4 days regular application they are pretty fast u will get urs soon hopefully

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot for your encouraging words :). I do agree with you..

farid- said:
my uncle got it in just 4 days regular application they are pretty fast u will get urs soon hopefully

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
nubee said:
Thanks a lot for your encouraging words :). I do agree with you..
Normally it is 10 business days. But usually it arrive much sooner than 10 days.

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks friends...Got it yesterday. Took 8 business days.
Today I surrendered Indian citizenship and time for visa now.

Cheers,

screech339 said:
Normally it is 10 business days. But usually it arrive much sooner than 10 days.

terem-teremok

Jun 10, 2011
What documents do we need to bring to the passport office when applying for a new passport? Is it just some ID (like a drivers license) and a certificate of citizenship? Do we need to bring photos or do they take photos there? Is grantor required if submitting in person?

I was only able to find information about required documents if submitting application online..

Thanks for help!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
terem-teremok said:
What documents do we need to bring to the passport office when applying for a new passport? Is it just some ID (like a drivers license) and a certificate of citizenship? Do we need to bring photos or do they take photos there? Is grantor required if submitting in person?

I was only able to find information about required documents if submitting application online..

Thanks for help!
They don't take photos there. You have to bring photos with you to office. For first time getting passport, you need a guaranteer to sign back of one photo. It doesnt matter if it is in person or by mail.