+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: CAL/Kompass help

JimNeedsHelp

Jun 6, 2015
I emailed Kompass support weeks ago and it's getting ridiculous now, I have given up hope on them helping me. It's a joke.

Anyway. I've posted this before but I'll post it again. This seems like a common problem but nobody has been able to give me a solution for it :( The only solution I've been given is to hire a lawyer to get this mess sorted out but I cannot afford one.

Problem:

I tried to apply for the IEC initiative. I submitted payment/documents and was refused a couple weeks later because my CAL (conditional acceptance letter) had expired. No big deal, I looked on the CIC website and it said you can just reapply (and also get a refund - which I still haven't got back).

HOWEVER, I cannot seem to reapply for a CAL as my Kompass account still has the details of my old application with a big fat "LOCKED" notification over it.

Is there any way at all I can unlock this application and reapply for my CAL? I'm an Australian citizen and so it isn't a problem with the quota. This is urgent because I'm actually in Canada right now without a work permit.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP. I'm at my wit's end here!!!

sam australia

Jul 27, 2015
Hey Did you find out any further information about this? Im in the same boat and kind find information anywhere. Do I need to just withdraw my application and start again writing the fees off as a loss?

danelchenko

Oct 14, 2015
Had the same situation as everyone above. Wasn't much information on the forums but I got mine approved in the end.

I had to redo the whole process (paying fees all over again).

They got back to me and said to withdraw the application on the IEC site but I just created a new kompass/application using a different email address. Worked fine, approved 2 days later.

From creating a kompass account, getting my CAL to getting my visa approved took just under 4 weeks.