+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - Biometrics in USA in USCIS center

tanxa

Jun 29, 2020
No PR application but my two siblings are in Canada one is citizen and the other one has PR.

Secondly I changed my status in USA I believe this is the reason they are not satisfied.
Hi, what do you mean by "I changed my status in the USA"? Would you please explain that for me? I'm a student in the US and applying for study permit as well, thank you

Biafaizi

Jul 8, 2020
Hi, what do you mean by "I changed my status in the USA"? Would you please explain that for me? I'm a student in the US and applying for study permit as well, thank you
Hi,
I came to US on visit visa after that I changed my status to F1. I have student Status but i don't have student visa.

Biafaizi

Jul 8, 2020
I was locked out of my cic account for 24 hours. I was trying to change my password.
Do i need to worry ? Or it will be unlocked after 24hrs.
I searched on google there were many answers like ill have to make another account and link my application etc.

Mehajabeen123

Jul 6, 2020
Excellent, congratulations. I don't want to bring your spirits down but looks like it is a never-ending wait after the biometric correspondence is received. I applied in March and did biometrics on 15th, recvd correspondence on 22nd and that's it! There hasn't been any progress since then. I am sincerely hoping people start to get requests for passports.
Any updates??

matahari

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
Hi @matahari
hope you got your passport back with stamp on it. please update us with latest on passport stamping. how long it took to get back. thanks.
Yes. We finally did get our passports back. It was a long struggle. The VFS VAC NY people messed up our paperwork at multiple levels. It took us numerous emails, calls and constant follow-up for a process that should have minimal to zero contacts. Anyway, we overcame one of the main hurdles.
Timeline: Request for pp 7/28, sent on 7/29, recd. info. from vfs about 'missing documents' on 7/30, replied on 7/31. PP went to IRCC on 8/4, 8/5 IRCC sends back PPs to VAC. They hold on to it for another day and ship it to us on 8/6.
Between 7/28 and 8/5, I wrote like 15-20 emails to VAC begging them to respond.
Anyway, my suggestions to all of you is - send multiple copies of all documents you receive from VAC back to them (printouts). This includes receipts/invoices/payment page/signed copies of TTS Consent form. Don't forget Original Passport, IRCC letter for passport.

Hope this helps and good luck to you all.

baa_at

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Yes. We finally did get our passports back. It was a long struggle. The VFS VAC NY people messed up our paperwork at multiple levels. It took us numerous emails, calls and constant follow-up for a process that should have minimal to zero contacts. Anyway, we overcame one of the main hurdles.
Timeline: Request for pp 7/28, sent on 7/29, recd. info. from vfs about 'missing documents' on 7/30, replied on 7/31. PP went to IRCC on 8/4, 8/5 IRCC sends back PPs to VAC. They hold on to it for another day and ship it to us on 8/6.
Anyway, my suggestions to all of you is - send multiple copies of all documents you receive from VAC back to them (printouts). This includes receipts/invoices/payment page/signed copies of TTS Consent form. Don't forget Original Passport, IRCC letter for passport.

Congrats!!!

PravinDeo

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020

Thank you for reply and Many Congratulations.

Your timeline :
WP Application : 10th April.
Bio metrics : July 14 for spouse & Sept self
Request for Passport: July 28
Stamped Visa : August 07
Travel / Landing date: TBD :)

What a journey thank you for sharing with us. One question : What all documents we need to send along with orignal Passport, I think you mentioned Original passport, IRCC passport request and TTS Consent form, which receipt / invoice we need to send ?

RMen

Jun 22, 2020

Fantastic @matahari Looks like you are the only lucky one so far! We are all stuck in such limbo, with no progress after receiving correspondence letters. No clue what's going on with the processing. But congratulations to you and happy landing in Canada!

Reactions: PravinDeo

matahari

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
Thank you for reply and Many Congratulations.

Your timeline :
WP Application : 10th April.
Bio metrics : July 14 for spouse & Sept self
Request for Passport: July 28
Stamped Visa : August 07
Travel / Landing date: TBD :)

What a journey thank you for sharing with us. One question : What all documents we need to send along with orignal Passport, I think you mentioned Original passport, IRCC passport request and TTS Consent form, which receipt / invoice we need to send ?
Any attachment you receive from VFS, including the email, print it and send it back. They seem to relish in receiving documents that they sent to us in the first place. Apparently, even after sending all documents they wanted, they seem to find missing documents. So!

Reactions: PravinDeo