+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - Biometrics in USA in USCIS center

Workaholic2020

Mar 12, 2020
Friends: I have a question. For people who submitted their EE application before Feb 28, it is quite possible that their deadline for biometrics is in early April, and since IRCC gives us 90 days to complete the biometrics, the "real" deadline now is early June - however, the earliest date USCIS opens is June 4th. It might be later than the 90-day deadline, not to mention that we may not be able to book an appointment as soon as it opens. What to do now?

I wrote to IRCC trying to explain this predicament, the agent asked me to add a letter of explanation. I will do so. Just wondering what you think about this and what are you planning to do?

JonF

May 4, 2020
I have not been able to make an appointment online. Where do you go to make appointments. I know all centers are close at the moment and wont open until June 4th (if not further delayed). Please some guidance would be appreciated.

Workaholic2020

Mar 12, 2020
I have not been able to make an appointment online. Where do you go to make appointments. I know all centers are close at the moment and wont open until June 4th (if not further delayed). Please some guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks for replying. The appointment website is not openning yet. My question is just a presumptive situation: what about my 90-days passed but I am still not able to get an appointment? For me, this will definitely happen, because my 90-day cutoff is June 2, and the earliest date USCIS ASC may open is June 4 according to their anouncement.

sainaga

Mar 21, 2020
Thanks for replying. The appointment website is not openning yet. My question is just a presumptive situation: what about my 90-days passed but I am still not able to get an appointment? For me, this will definitely happen, because my 90-day cutoff is June 2, and the earliest date USCIS ASC may open is June 4 according to their anouncement.
I am in same situation. Did you contact Canada visa center? Any response?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016

haritosh82

May 31, 2020
USA
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-04-2020
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
@harirajmohan Yes, it's correct but appointment scheduling website on IRCC is still not enabled so technically we can't go for biometrics until IRCC enables the link.

haritosh82

May 31, 2020
USA
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-04-2020
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Guys in US - Any luck in getting appointments for biometrics?
No luck. All appointment websites are disabled on IRCC. I tried registering on vfs website - it says center is under configuration which means they have disabled appointment scheduling until further notice. All we can do is wait and hope they will open soon provided the fact that USCIS is reopening its offices starting tomorrow.

lanp2606

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
As the USCIS website states "Beginning June 4, 2020, certain USCIS field offices and asylum offices will resume non-emergency face-to-face services to the public. Application support centers will resume services later." Keep waiting and hoping !

manjunathsr14

Jun 4, 2020
Had called the USCIS contact center, the person I spoke to mentioned the ASC should be open from today but was not able to confirm it. The appointment scheduler website also indicates there are no appointments available. Thinking of driving by one of the ASCs close to me and check in person as to what is going on.

A friend of mine was told ASCs will start collecting finger prints from June 22nd, the source of this info is yet to be confirmed.

-MK-

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Canada
Sorry I am new here, whenever I called USCIS, they ask for my A record number for scheduling appointment, should I say that even though if I am scheduling appointment for Canadian visa?

gm95788

Jun 4, 2020
Had called the USCIS contact center, the person I spoke to mentioned the ASC should be open from today but was not able to confirm it. The appointment scheduler website also indicates there are no appointments available. Thinking of driving by one of the ASCs close to me and check in person as to what is going on.

A friend of mine was told ASCs will start collecting finger prints from June 22nd, the source of this info is yet to be confirmed.
I called USCIS customer care last week and they told me Biometrics will start from June 22nd. But not sure when will the appointments become available for booking.
Pls post if they allow Biometrics in the ASC that you're about to visit today.

manjunathsr14

Jun 4, 2020
Yes, you can tell them you are looking to schedule for Canadian visa. The person I spoke to had a script and started reading it out and told me to visit the CIC website and there I can find a link to schdule appointment at an ASC. So, to sum it you wont get help calling them.

manjunathsr14

Jun 4, 2020
I called USCIS customer care last week and they told me Biometrics will start from June 22nd. But not sure when will the appointments become available for booking.
Pls post if they allow Biometrics in the ASC that you're about to visit today.
the June 22nd date that they mentioned - was it for Canadian visas or US immigration services that need bio metrics?