+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - Biometrics in USA in USCIS center

ratnamandava

Nov 29, 2019
Ok, I tried to go to the Indy office today. They did not allow it even though I had another day's appointment.
Bad luck! Have to come back in 15 days.

Reactions: Aj.nayak

Aj.nayak

Dec 3, 2019
Hello,

I had a appointment in Indy office for biometrics yesterday, but I did not make it due to unavoidable circumstance.
I went in today but they did not allow me to take the biometrics. They told me that I had to book another appointment.
But the next available appointment is after 2 weeks, which would be 30 days after the Biometrics Request letter.
What do I do?
Thanks!

sheck61

Dec 4, 2019
If applying for tourist Visa online how long does it take for the biometric status to be updated online after successful appoint?

pandeys

Mar 4, 2019
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-01-2019
AOR Received.
14-01-2019
IELTS Request
28-07-2018
Med's Done....
21-02-2019
LANDED..........
07-11-2019
If applying for tourist Visa online how long does it take for the biometric status to be updated online after successful appoint?
Same for tourist visa as well. 1 business day. My fiancé gave it on Friday, updated on Monday

sheck61

Dec 4, 2019
Same for tourist visa as well. 1 business day. My fiancé gave it on Friday, updated on Monday
Thank you. May I ask how you got her passport stamped? Did you send the passport somewhere? My friend (from a Azerbaijan with a O-1 US Visa) needs to attend an Olympic qualifying event (fencing) as an official in Montreal (the beginning of January). His Biometrics appointment is December 11th. His application was placed online and just waiting for the Biometerics. Thanks again.

srm057

Dec 30, 2015
Montreal Quebec
Visa Office......
CIO-SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
Med's Request
25-07-2016
Med's Done....
28-07-2016; Recvd 12-08-2016
Passport Req..
08-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2017
LANDED..........
27-06-2017
Hello,

I had a appointment in Indy office for biometrics yesterday, but I did not make it due to unavoidable circumstance.
I went in today but they did not allow me to take the biometrics. They told me that I had to book another appointment.
But the next available appointment is after 2 weeks, which would be 30 days after the Biometrics Request letter.
What do I do?
Thanks!

Contact IRCC and let them know you won't be able to do it in 30 days... So they will give you more time to do it.. You can contact using online web inquiry. Be ready to provide a proper reason for not being able to do it within 30 days

srm057

Dec 30, 2015
Montreal Quebec
Visa Office......
CIO-SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
Med's Request
25-07-2016
Med's Done....
28-07-2016; Recvd 12-08-2016
Passport Req..
08-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2017
LANDED..........
27-06-2017
ok my experience at ASC Buffalo.

I took my father to the US border; they asked about when will he leave Canada as he is on super visa. We told he has plans to go back in few months. We also told we are going for shopping and will return same day.

We arrived early at ASC Buffalo. They let us in and asked us to wait. I realized that there are 2 separate Biometric processes. One is for US visa and immigration and the other is for Canadian immigration. You should tell that you are there for Canadian Biometric.

I realize they asked me to sit in the wrong area so I went to the other window. They let us in instantly and we were out in 5 min.

On our way back , Canadian border agent asked my father where does he live in Canada. After that, we came back home.

Csmc travlr

Dec 11, 2019
I tried to give the biometrics through walk-in last week for my canadian tourist visa application. However, the admin lady refused walk-in mentioning that since May the Canadian officials have asked ASC not to collect biometrics through walk-ins. She told she was helpless and could not allow walk-ins as per the Canadian directive. Has anyone had similar experience at the Detroit ASC office? Even if the biometrics are collected early though walk-in, will the visa application be processed earlier than the biometrics appointment date or later than it?

v4g

Jan 8, 2020
Hi! I need to get my biometric done for canada visa. I went to Raleigh ASC and response was same as @Csmc.
"since May the Canadian officials have asked ASC not to collect biometrics through walk-ins."
Did any one try Charlotte (NC) ASC for walkin recently?
I am thinking about driving 2.5 hours from Raleigh to Charlotte to see if they accept walkins. But would like to hear if anyone tried same?
Appreciate your help on this.
-Vipul

Last edited:

NivedhithaCibi

Jul 22, 2019
Surrey
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2021
Passport Req..
03-03-2022
LANDED..........
25-08-2022
Hi! I need to get my biometric done for canada visa. I went to Raleigh ASC and response was same as @Csmc.
"since May the Canadian officials have asked ASC not to collect biometrics through walk-ins."
Did any one try Charlotte (NC) ASC for walkin recently?
I am thinking about driving 2.5 hours from Raleigh to Charlotte to see if they accept walkins. But would like to hear if anyone tried same?
Appreciate your help on this.
-Vipul
so what did you do?

TootToot

Mar 10, 2020
so what did you do?
You simply cannot go to any US location without an appointment.

We just did the biometrics for our spouse in the US yesterday. We flew there for the day to do it. We had an appointment. The security at the door was not letting anyone inside the building who did not have an appointment so you won’t even be able to enter and plead your case if you don’t have proof of appointment. All appointments are 2 weeks away. You cannot get one sooner.

NivedhithaCibi

Jul 22, 2019
Surrey
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2021
Passport Req..
03-03-2022
LANDED..........
25-08-2022
You simply cannot go to any US location without an appointment.

We just did the biometrics for our spouse in the US yesterday. We flew there for the day to do it. We had an appointment. The security at the door was not letting anyone inside the building who did not have an appointment so you won’t even be able to enter and plead your case if you don’t have proof of appointment. All appointments are 2 weeks away. You cannot get one sooner.
Thanks, we had the appointment scheduled for 2 weeks later but we went to Biometric location in Florida and said though we have an appointment 2 weeks later, can we walk in ? The security let us in without any issues though our appointment was for a later date and we were able to get our Biometric done.

nijjar123

Jan 18, 2020
hi everyone,
IRCC just asked for my biometrics by 06th April, But I am unable to book an appointment at any Service Canada location before that. Only appointments available are from 8th April. So my question is can I still go to the Seattle USCIS to give my biometrics(I live in Surrey) or should I do it within Canada and write them a letter explaining the availability of appointment. But does delaying biometrics delays the processing of my application? If it is so I would opt for USCIS and travel to Seattle if that option is still valid.