+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Assistance Needed: Indian PCC Application with BLS Canada

VJM1986

May 7, 2023
Hello everyone,

I am seeking assistance regarding my Indian PCC (Police Clearance Certificate) application through BLS Canada. I would greatly appreciate any guidance on the following situation:
  1. I am currently a Permanent Resident (PR) holder in Canada, but my PR card expired just a week ago.
  2. I submitted my PR renewal application to CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada) online in the second week of February. However, even after approximately 70+ days, the online portal still shows the status as "submitted," and I have not received an Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) yet.
  3. To proceed with my PCC application at BLS Canada, I visited their office. Initially, I planned to provide proof of my PR status by submitting my Original Passport, a copy of my COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence), a copy of my expired PR card, and the receipt for PR card renewal fees. However, upon contacting BLS, I learned that the fee receipt would not be considered as valid proof. Instead, they require an approval letter from CIC, confirming the extension of my PR card.
Unfortunately, the current processing time at CIC is exceptionally slow, exacerbated by a strike among government workers. These delays are causing significant inconvenience as I urgently require the PCC for personal matters. I am struggling to find a viable solution to this predicament.

Has anyone encountered a similar situation or knows of a possible way forward? I would greatly appreciate any advice or assistance in resolving this matter.

Thank you in advance for your help!