+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Appeal: Stranded in Limbo - Seeking Permanent Residency in Canada

albehany

Mar 17, 2024
My wife applied for Permanent Residency at the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi on August 18, 2021. However, it wasn't until November 27, 2023, that they requested her passport. At that time, we informed them of her current stay in Canada on a visitor visa. They advised us to contact Immigration via a web form to request a virtual landing. We promptly followed their instructions, but despite multiple attempts to reach them, we were only told to wait with no indication of a timeframe for the virtual landing.

Our situation has become dire as I am unable to support my wife and two children on a visitor visa, which offers no benefits. I am already working two jobs, barely making ends meet. Recently, my wife had to vist the hospital procedure due to a miscarriage, which incurred around $4000 CAD in expenses. As of today, March 17, 2024, we have received no updates despite reaching out to our Member of Parliament, who gave us the same response: just wait.

Considering our circumstances, we are contemplating whether hiring a lawyer could expedite our process. We would deeply appreciate any help or advice you can offer. Thank you in advance for your assistance.