+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[URGENT ADVICES NEEDED] Regarding Request for Passport

Nov 13, 2020
Hi everyone,

I received the request for document submission in order for IRCC to issue the confirmation of PR finally, however, they ask me to submit documents including my physical passport within 30 days and I am not able to meet the deadline because I am in the middle of using my passport for a work visa for Ireland. I have already wrote to IRCC via the web form to explain my situation with proof and kindly request a deadline extension.

Questions

1) Do you know how long does it take before they return your passport? I can't find it online
2) Under such circumstances, would it impact on my application (will they withdraw it because I cannot meet the deadline?)

Anyone experienced or is experiencing the same situation can give me so advices... Quite upset... Thanks a lot

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hi everyone,

I received the request for document submission in order for IRCC to issue the confirmation of PR finally, however, they ask me to submit documents including my physical passport within 30 days and I am not able to meet the deadline because I am in the middle of using my passport for a work visa for Ireland. I have already wrote to IRCC via the web form to explain my situation with proof and kindly request a deadline extension.

Questions

1) Do you know how long does it take before they return your passport? I can't find it online
2) Under such circumstances, would it impact on my application (will they withdraw it because I cannot meet the deadline?)

Anyone experienced or is experiencing the same situation can give me so advices... Quite upset... Thanks a lot

You are fine if you send them a Web form, they most time understand, its all up to IRCC if they want to be flexible or not, but i have not seen any case where they did not extend the deadline.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1323&top=4

good luck

kamranayub1100

Mar 11, 2019
Hi

thanks for answering. a few more questions
I am worried they never respond to webforms (or rarely). Did they respond you back? how did they confirm your extension? In how many days? which VO? did vfs accepted the passport with old rfv?

thanks again

Nov 13, 2020
hi guys, thanks a lot for your replies. I just submitted a letter via the Web Form two days ago and I'm still waiting for the reply. I'm not sure how long it takes for them to return the passport if I submit, if it takes less than 2 weeks time, i can do it anyway. if that's the case, i may need to submit another web form again telling them i send the passport out anyway and hope they can return it soon.

But i can't really chekc the exact timeline on the official website, but accoriding my friend's experience and other info i found online, it says it takes around 1 to 2 weeks time only usually.

and HI @kamranayub1100. i'm not sure what it means by RFV?