Urgent advice on name change -WES

LinaM

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Friends,
I am from India and currently living in Gulf country.I have changed my surname into my husband's name in my passport and applied for WES with the name succeeded by his(name). The doubt is, all my certificates holds my father's name as surname. Is this will be an issue for getting ECA in WES. With the proof of my marriage certificate I have changed the surname in my passport. It will be big process of changing my name in gazzert. Need help on this issue.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
My wife was in similar situation, but her marriage certificate shows that she has adopted her husband's name, and this was enough.

You may try to use your marriage certificate with self-declaration stating that your name has changed.

Reactions: brainysaki

LinaM

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you.Should I need to send my marriage ceritificate copy to WES for surname change along with other documents? On doing so, will my result be issued with the changed name or as is it in my Educational documents?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
LinaM said:
Friends,
I am from India and currently living in Gulf country.I have changed my surname into my husband's name in my passport and applied for WES with the name succeeded by his(name). The doubt is, all my certificates holds my father's name as surname. Is this will be an issue for getting ECA in WES. With the proof of my marriage certificate I have changed the surname in my passport. It will be big process of changing my name in gazzert. Need help on this issue.
WES, as part of its process will issue your ECA report as per the name in the educational certificates. So you will not have any issue in getting your ECA done. In fact, if you want them to mention your name as per the passport, then send them a letter along with the copy of your marriage certificate and copy of your passport explaining your case. The maximum they would do is mention your name as per your passport in brackets in your ECA report. In the worst case, even if they issue your ECA report as per your maiden name, you need not worry as it is understood that surname changes after marriage and educational certificates will have the maiden name (provided it was completed before marriage).

taoluk

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
06-01-2016
Doc's Request.
19-03-2016
Nomination.....
27-12-2015
AOR Received.
03-03-2016
Med's Done....
11-03-2016
Passport Req..
14-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2016
LANDED..........
01-11-2016
LinaM said:
Thank you.Should I need to send my marriage ceritificate copy to WES for surname change along with other documents? On doing so, will my result be issued with the changed name or as is it in my Educational documents?
You need to send a document of legal change of name along with whatever document you are sending to WES so that it would be seen that you are still the same person. The new name will also be quoted on the ECA after completion.

LinaM

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is my marriage certificate is enough to prove that my name has been changed after marriage?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
LinaM said:
Is my marriage certificate is enough to prove that my name has been changed after marriage?
Yes marriage certificate is the primary document which can be used to prove name change. But, you would need to have other documents to show, on which the name have been changed, for example: passport, driving license, health card, documents related to government agencies and departments. If you have not done any of these, then you can prepare a joint affidavit with your spouse and get it notarized. The affidavit should state details of your name change and the date from which it has been effective, attach certified copy of your marriage certificate issued from the Registrar's Office.

RaniSharma

Mar 21, 2016
I am facing the same issue. Can any one help me while registering with WES should i create my account with the name i have after marriage or before marriage (i.e. as per my education certificates). I have both marriage certificate copy and valid passport after name change. Do i still require Affidavit?

atul1210

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
LinaM and Rani

While creating your account it will ask If you hold the certificates in some other name.
I got my wife's ECA done and got the report last week only. While creating the account, I used her post marriage Surname as thats the name she has on her passport and in the field where they ask the name on Certificates, I mentioned her Maiden Name. While sending the docs, i attached a copy of marriage certificate and a covering letter explaining the same.

Last week only, I got the ECA report which mentions both her surnames in the following format.
Name Pre Marriage Surname (Post Marriage Surname). Whether the same is correct way of mentioning it, I am not sure bcoz I wanted the report to bear her post marriage surname only bu cant help it.

shrinivaskk

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
Stanlee said:
WES, as part of its process will issue your ECA report as per the name in the educational certificates. So you will not have any issue in getting your ECA done. In fact, if you want them to mention your name as per the passport, then send them a letter along with the copy of your marriage certificate and copy of your passport explaining your case. The maximum they would do is mention your name as per your passport in brackets in your ECA report. In the worst case, even if they issue your ECA report as per your maiden name, you need not worry as it is understood that surname changes after marriage and educational certificates will have the maiden name (provided it was completed before marriage).
Thanks Stanlee,
Is that okay if I accept the WES report with my wife's maiden name and then during filing the application we provide to CIC or relevant authorities with marriage certificate and other documents supporting the change of surname?

Or shall I send the passport and marriage certificate to WES now itself so that they can amend the changes in their report.

Note -
1. My wife is primary applicant
2. Only her last name is changed

Kindly advise.
Thanks

Reactions: Raj Vora

AnkurKhera

Mar 26, 2017
atul1210 said:
LinaM and Rani

While creating your account it will ask If you hold the certificates in some other name.
I got my wife's ECA done and got the report last week only. While creating the account, I used her post marriage Surname as thats the name she has on her passport and in the field where they ask the name on Certificates, I mentioned her Maiden Name. While sending the docs, i attached a copy of marriage certificate and a covering letter explaining the same.

Last week only, I got the ECA report which mentions both her surnames in the following format.
Name Pre Marriage Surname (Post Marriage Surname). Whether the same is correct way of mentioning it, I am not sure bcoz I wanted the report to bear her post marriage surname only bu cant help it.
I am going to apply ECA for my wife. As she has also changed her Surname post marriage and her passport reflects the new name.
What is advisable? Should I get the ECA for New name by sending supporting documents for name change to WES. Or should i keep the Old name for ECA?
I will be creating express entry Profile with her new name as its the name printed on passport.
Please guide on this.

n2pathak

May 13, 2017
LinaM and Rani

Does it also mention both the middle names? (i.e., her father's middle name pre marriage & your middle name post marriage)

mbalsara

Mar 7, 2017
Yes this makes sense.. but just wanted to be sure that different names in ECA report and passport will not create problems while creating EE profile or applying to CIC

bhiman_123

Jul 15, 2017
Dear friends/ experts
Bhiman here from Shimla( India).
I want to do my ECA through WES

I have some doubt in my mind, i hope you can help me out here.

I have changed my name in all my educational certificates. All my new certificates carrying my both name (new name alias old name). Some more my passport is under my new name including my surname.

Please advise me that should i create my account under my new name with surname ? Also advise that i can get ECA report or not.

Regards
Bhiman Suryavanshi

dnesh0166

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
I want to apply for ECA for canada immigration along with my spouse. For getting more marks I want ECA of my spouse to get done by WES.

The problem is that my spouse education documents are in her prior marriage surname and after marriage, her surname is changed which is updated in passport, pan card ,aadhar card and bank accounts.

Is it necessary to have marriage certificate as I don't have the same. Will passport along with explanation letter be sufficed for WES to issue ECA certificate incorporating my spouse after marriage name

Please guide.

Thanka