+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent advice on name change -WES

baseer401

Feb 3, 2018
hi every one some body help me i got my wes report but it stating that The names on one or more of the academic credentials submitted for evaluation differ from the name indicated above. mohammed abdul baseer
my surname is mohammed on my engineering certificate it mention only md abdul baseer
and on my masters it shows abdul baseer mohammed
please help me in this regards

Ceejaay

Feb 24, 2018
Africa
Category........
PNP
Hello. I face a similar situation. I am about to create an account under the express entry. My passport bears my marriage name. However I have done a change of surname to a compound name. Therefore more bank accountstatement, drivers licence etc all bear my compound surname. What should I do to harmonize the names? ?

Mar 4, 2018
Hello.. I’m facing the same situation. My maiden name is Neetu sachdev and after marriage it changed to VRISHA MOTWANI. I sent all my documents(notarized affidavit, old passport, new passport) to WES along with my credentials for evaluation. But they canceled my application twice. They are very persistent that they will not accept my new name. Will this be a problem to my EE profile?

praisddd

Apr 19, 2018
Hi,
I have changed my name through proper government procedure in the year 2006. All government evidences regarding that are available.

Before 2006 : I was known as Prithvi Siddharth Malhotra

In mid 2006, I applied for change of name.

After successful submission of application in 2006 :
My name was changed. (I added mother's name as middle name n deleted surname)

Thereafter, I am being known as Prithvi Meenakshi Siddharth

Then, I completed my "bachelor degree in 2010". And, my name on degree certificates and marksheets was correctly mentioned, i.e., Prithvi Meenakshi Siddharth
Even the correct name appears in passport.

Five years hence, I completed master degree in 2015 from Nagpur University.
But, my name on master degree certificate and marksheets appeared as ::
Prithvi Siddharth Malhotra (old name).

It happened so as the Nagpur University considered the name mentioned On "10th class - secondary" marksheet which was obtained in 2003.

Now, I want to do my WES evaluation.

Will, the WES team accept both (bachelor and master) with two different names for evaluation.

Kindly guide. ‎

Warm regards

Vikassalaria

Apr 27, 2018
hi every one some body help me i got my wes report but it stating that The names on one or more of the academic credentials submitted for evaluation differ from the name indicated above. mohammed abdul baseer
my surname is mohammed on my engineering certificate it mention only md abdul baseer
and on my masters it shows abdul baseer mohammed
please help me in this regards
Hi Baseer401, I'm also facing a similar situation. Can you update on your case?

Shama455

Jun 18, 2018
My wife was in similar situation, but her marriage certificate shows that she has adopted her husband's name, and this was enough.

You may try to use your marriage certificate with self-declaration stating that your name has changed.
LinaM and Rani

While creating your account it will ask If you hold the certificates in some other name.
I got my wife's ECA done and got the report last week only. While creating the account, I used her post marriage Surname as thats the name she has on her passport and in the field where they ask the name on Certificates, I mentioned her Maiden Name. While sending the docs, i attached a copy of marriage certificate and a covering letter explaining the same.

Last week only, I got the ECA report which mentions both her surnames in the following format.
Name Pre Marriage Surname (Post Marriage Surname). Whether the same is correct way of mentioning it, I am not sure bcoz I wanted the report to bear her post marriage surname only bu cant help it.
hello, did you send everything? in one envelope? I mean my university send me sealed envelope so, should I have to send both separately or what

geet garg

Apr 27, 2018
Hi,
I have changed my name through proper government procedure in the year 2006. All government evidences regarding that are available.

Before 2006 : I was known as Prithvi Siddharth Malhotra

In mid 2006, I applied for change of name.

After successful submission of application in 2006 :
My name was changed. (I added mother's name as middle name n deleted surname)

Thereafter, I am being known as Prithvi Meenakshi Siddharth

Then, I completed my "bachelor degree in 2010". And, my name on degree certificates and marksheets was correctly mentioned, i.e., Prithvi Meenakshi Siddharth
Even the correct name appears in passport.

Five years hence, I completed master degree in 2015 from Nagpur University.
But, my name on master degree certificate and marksheets appeared as ::
Prithvi Siddharth Malhotra (old name).

It happened so as the Nagpur University considered the name mentioned On "10th class - secondary" marksheet which was obtained in 2003.

Now, I want to do my WES evaluation.

Will, the WES team accept both (bachelor and master) with two different names for evaluation.

Kindly guide. ‎

Warm regards

Hi

I am facing almost similar issue. I have changed my name some years back. In my eductaional documents my old name is there. Now when i am applying to WES, shall i apply with new name or old name? All my government proofs are on new name.
Please help..
Regards
Geet

nag9arjuna

Jun 23, 2018
LinaM and Rani

While creating your account it will ask If you hold the certificates in some other name.
I got my wife's ECA done and got the report last week only. While creating the account, I used her post marriage Surname as thats the name she has on her passport and in the field where they ask the name on Certificates, I mentioned her Maiden Name. While sending the docs, i attached a copy of marriage certificate and a covering letter explaining the same.

Last week only, I got the ECA report which mentions both her surnames in the following format.
Name Pre Marriage Surname (Post Marriage Surname). Whether the same is correct way of mentioning it, I am not sure bcoz I wanted the report to bear her post marriage surname only bu cant help it.
Can you please share the letter format and thanks in advance.

Nithin Sai

Aug 4, 2018
Upon enclosing the gazette with old and new copies of passports and a Cover letter, WES rejected to send an evaluation with the following reply ----"

" We regret to inform you that we are unable to prepare an evaluation report for you due to a significant difference between the name on your order and the name on one or more of the credentials submitted.

We are cancelling your application. If you paid by credit card, we will issue a refund of $322.05 to your card. Please allow time for processing. If you used another payment method, we will mail a check to you within three (3) weeks.
If you would like World Education Services (WES) to prepare an evaluation report under the name on your academic credentials, please submit a new WES application using that name.

If you believe that your institution(s) made a mistake, you can submit a new application. Please ask your institution(s) to re-issue your academic documents with the correct name. Please send all documents to WES in the manner specified for your country on the WES Required Documents page.

Sincerely,

Accounting Department

World Education Services "

What a stupid service.
If I take the ECA report with the previous name, Will IRCC/EE team will accept that report as the report generated to date is after my legal name change.

Please, someone, help me in this regard.

mansiib

Jul 6, 2015
Thanks Stanlee,
Is that okay if I accept the WES report with my wife's maiden name and then during filing the application we provide to CIC or relevant authorities with marriage certificate and other documents supporting the change of surname?

Or shall I send the passport and marriage certificate to WES now itself so that they can amend the changes in their report.

Note -
1. My wife is primary applicant
2. Only her last name is changed

Kindly advise.
Thanks
Hi srinivas

What u did ahead?
Did u send WES the docs or submitted while application to cic

robin.philip21

Feb 28, 2018
Upon enclosing the gazette with old and new copies of passports and a Cover letter, WES rejected to send an evaluation with the following reply ----"

" We regret to inform you that we are unable to prepare an evaluation report for you due to a significant difference between the name on your order and the name on one or more of the credentials submitted.

We are cancelling your application. If you paid by credit card, we will issue a refund of $322.05 to your card. Please allow time for processing. If you used another payment method, we will mail a check to you within three (3) weeks.
If you would like World Education Services (WES) to prepare an evaluation report under the name on your academic credentials, please submit a new WES application using that name.

If you believe that your institution(s) made a mistake, you can submit a new application. Please ask your institution(s) to re-issue your academic documents with the correct name. Please send all documents to WES in the manner specified for your country on the WES Required Documents page.

Sincerely,

Accounting Department

World Education Services "

What a stupid service.
If I take the ECA report with the previous name, Will IRCC/EE team will accept that report as the report generated to date is after my legal name change.

Please, someone, help me in this regard.
Hi Nithin,

Just wanted to know whether you were able to sort this issue? I had also a name change and am worried if my application would also be rejected.

Thanks

Last edited:

Gsingh.sam

Oct 28, 2018
Hi,

Did u receive your ECA?

If yes, what was the name mentioned on your ECA?

Please help as my name on passport contains my Surname but on my university certificates, my Surname is not written.

I have to apply for ECA to WES but not sure by what name should I apply?

Rajat kaura

Feb 1, 2019
My and my parents' name on my M.com 2nd, 3rd and 4th semester, B.Ed , M.Ed marksheet and degree is RAJAT KAURA and Rashmi kaura (mother) , Keshav kaura (Father) respectively and it matches my passport details or any other legal document I possess.

Where as my and my parents' name on my B.com marksheet and degree plus M.com 1st semester marksheet is Rajat Kumar kaura, Rashmi Kumar kaura (mother) and Keshav Kumar kaura (father) respectively.

Conclusively. Some of my Degree documents include my as well as parents' middle name as KUMAR, whereas rest of them are without the middle name

Please guide me do I need to change the credential before proceeding for ECA or
Letter of Explanation at the time of making express entry profile will do the job?

tmb

Feb 5, 2019
Friends,
I am from India and currently living in Gulf country.I have changed my surname into my husband's name in my passport and applied for WES with the name succeeded by his(name). The doubt is, all my certificates holds my father's name as surname. Is this will be an issue for getting ECA in WES. With the proof of my marriage certificate I have changed the surname in my passport. It will be big process of changing my name in gazzert. Need help on this issue.
Can you please update, what was further results from WES and did any issue was raised during EE profile creation and during PR processing