+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT ADVICE NEEDED: PNP PR Application_No Response: WP Expiring soon ?

senthilck

Sep 8, 2016
I have applied for my permanent residence under PNP class [Masters Stream] and the processing is expected to take at least 15 months from the receipt of the file number [I am waiting to receive acknowledgement yet]. However, I am very concerned about my work permit because it expires on 25, February 2017. I need to extend my work permit and my family [my spouse's [Work permit] and my baby?s[ visitor permit]] to continue to live in Canada. Do I apply for WP extention by September, wouldn't it be too early ? Also, OINP told that they will not extend my nomination and can still apply for Work permit extention ?

I could not even link my application to my online CIC account [it says no records found]

Any advise for my family ?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Let me know if you need further information.

-Senthil:

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
You will not be able to extend PGWP.

You can apply for bridge open work permit when you have your AOR. If you do not receive AOR by Feb, you should explore other options (such as, stop working and apply for visitor visa).

You don't have to apply in September. It's too early. You can apply a month or even a week before your WP expiry date.

PK_11

Sep 18, 2014
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2016
Doc's Request.
16-09-2016 (RPRF)
Nomination.....
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Not Reqd as of now
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
InLand Applicant
Relax, You have good amount of time.You will receive AOR within 4 month of your file received. Dont be hurry in applying work permit by SEP 2016. If nothing comes up, you can apply paper application by Jan 2017 and continue working in implied status, by that time i am sure you will receive AOR.