+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent advice needed - parents visa rejected, going for supervisa now (Pakistan)

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
Hello,

I need advice re. my parents visa situation. I applied online for my parents visitors visa but it got rejected yesterday citing reasons related to lack of sufficient funds and travel history. They showed over 20K in bank balance with material amounts of other liquid and non-liquid assets so not entirely sure what to make of it. Anyhow, I am now planning to apply for supervisa for my parents (I am a Canadian citizen), and my income is above the required threshold.

I want to inquire:

1. Can supervisa be also rejected for the same reasons as visitor visa?

2. The visitor visa application was online but I am now leaning towards paper application simply because it would be easier for my parents. Any words on this?

3. Should I wait some time before applying for supervisa? If yes, then how long?

4. Any other words/advice is most welcome.

Overall, I am very disappointed that their visa got rejected as I was really looking forward to hosting them here and thought our application is relatively straight-forward.

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. Yes - it can be rejected for the same reasons.
2. I don't know. Hopefully someone else can comment.
3. You can reapply immediately.
4. Your parents should provide stronger proof of ties to their home country in this second application.

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
Thanks Syclla. Few further queries:

1. In contrast with TRV, my understanding is that supervisa requires the sponsors (i.e. mine) financial capacity rather than my parents financial capacity. Is this correct? How much funds do I need to show in my bank account? Do my parents still need to show their financial capacity?

2. My father is retired but is heavily involved in few NGOs and charity work. He doesnt draw any salary though. How can I utilize this information to establish strong ties to Pakistan?

3. We are expecting a child, should I add that information when I reapply? A supporting letter from doctor, or just add the information in my letter of invitation?

4. Should I consult my local MP to seek some assistance in this matter?

Thank you.

simplyaddo

Jun 18, 2012
Red and Black said:
Thanks Syclla. Few further queries:

1. In contrast with TRV, my understanding is that supervisa requires the sponsors (i.e. mine) financial capacity rather than my parents financial capacity. Is this correct? How much funds do I need to show in my bank account? Do my parents still need to show their financial capacity?

2. My father is retired but is heavily involved in few NGOs and charity work. He doesnt draw any salary though. How can I utilize this information to establish strong ties to Pakistan?

3. We are expecting a child, should I add that information when I reapply? A supporting letter from doctor, or just add the information in my letter of invitation?

4. Should I consult my local MP to seek some assistance in this matter?

Thank you.
3. I've found from others' experiences on this forum that this makes the application weaker (something about the VO feeling that they visitors may be involved in babysitting which is a potential employment opportunity for Canadian residents)

4. They usually offer advice at best, but are not experts in immigration rules.

M

mikeymyke

Did u deposit any money into their bank accounts? usually people with high bank balances that are refused for financial reasons is because someone made a large deposit into their accounts

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
Thanks for the input.

No, I did not deposit any funds into their bank account. I honestly thought they have sufficient financial capacity via bank balances, liquid assets/investments and properties. Anyhow I just want to make sure we dont make the same mistakes when applying for supervisa.

I was thinking about getting a letter from my local MP to support my request to invite my parents for visit. Would this be possible?

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
One more thing, when we apply for supervisa, do we still need biometrics and pay biometrics fees? They just had it for TRV 2 months ago.

twiggy

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Try and get the GCMS note to see more details as to why they were refused and address those reasons before re-applying.
from a personal experience, online application is a lot easier as you can verify yourself all documents submitted are relevant.

it all comes down to proper documentation and make sure you do not hide the fact they have had a previous refusal before. once you feel you have addressed the concerns for the previous refusal ,write a new invitation using the appropriate template, try and certify it (it helps), write a letter of support (addressing the concerns in the GCMS notes )

write a letter for financial declaration and certify it if you can, include pay stubs, previous NOA, bank statement, your property docs if you have one and am sure you will be fine. if you are married, included your spouse in the process (joint application)

good luck !!!!

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
Thanks Twiggy.

Can I access my parent's online application gcms notes? I believe I need their consent, correct? In their refusal letter, they only checked-off "travel history" and "sufficient funds".

I thought online would be simpler, and we applied online for the TRV. The problem is that it lacks cohesion and some of the financial information is hard to read (such as properties info etc.). Hence, we are leaning towards paper application now.

I am just going over the forms, and it appears they are exactly the same as TRV. Where do you indicate that its a supervisa application and not just TRV?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Red and Black said:
I was thinking about getting a letter from my local MP to support my request to invite my parents for visit. Would this be possible?
You can - but they're pretty useless and are generally ignored by CIC. I wouldn't bother - it may look like you're trying too hard and work against you. If you look at it from CIC's perspective, the MP is really in no position to support your parents' application or speak to their intentions. So the letter is empty words.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Red and Black said:
One more thing, when we apply for supervisa, do we still need biometrics and pay biometrics fees? They just had it for TRV 2 months ago.
Yes. You must give biometrics each time you apply

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the sponsors (i.e. mine) financial capacity rather than my parents financial capacity. Is this correct?
yes and no. Yes- for them coming to Canada, no- they need THEIR established ties in home country.
We are expecting a child, should I add that information when I reapply
I would. CIC does not mind parents babysitting anymore. :)
Try to invite them closer to the date of your delivery. It makes more seance for coming to visit you.
Also, do you have siblings in home country? To mention that also could help. That means you parents have a family in home country too, to return to whom.
MP dose not deal with immigration. The only thing he could do is - to make a request for information, and you could do it yourself too (if you make yourself your parents Representative)

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
Thank you for the valuable input. It appears the general consensus is not to bother with the MP letter/request etc.

Regina, I think I did not fully understand this statement "yes and no. Yes- for them coming to Canada, no- they need THEIR established ties in home country."

Can you kindly elaborate?

Sidkhan

Jul 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th June 2013
Doc's Request.
9th January 2015
AOR Received.
17th July 2013
Med's Done....
19th January 2015
Interview........
Waived In Process:17th February 2015. Decision Made: 6th March 2015
Passport Req..
10th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
22nd April 2015
I did attach doctor's note mentioning due date and all and my parents travel plans were like a week before the due date. still waiting to hear back from cic. When did u actually apply? My parents applied with paper application from islamabad.